Complaint Review: American Moving

• Submitted: Wed, May 02, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, April 07, 2014

• Reported By: Scott — Fort Collins Colorado United States of America
American Moving

American Moving They held my belongings hostage until I paid their overpriced bill Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: A Year Later, NO Contact from This Person

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Dear Customer moved 3 years ago

In August of 2010 American Moving company was supposed to come to my home in Manchester, NH.  They called and stated that their truck broke down and that it was going to take a few days to fix.  I couldn't wait so I got in the car and drove out to Colorado.  My father went to my apartment when American Moving showed up.  They showed up in two Uhaul trucks because apparently their truck was not fixed yet.

My father told me they pulled both trucks up to the stairs and load my stuff into it.  When they were almost near my condo in Charleston a woman from the company called me and told me how much the bill was going to be.  She gave me a price that was $600 more then what I was quoted.  She said it was because they couldn't get their truck within 75 feet of my door.  I told her that they had used Uhaul trucks and she stated that if they had used their regular truck then they wouldn't have been able to get within 75 feet of the door.  This is absolutely a lie because when I moved into the apartment the company I hired pulled their regular truck right up to the door.  Her logic made no sense to me.  I told her I wouldn't pay that amount and she said they wouldn't unload my stuff until I paid her.  I didn't know it was illegal for them to hold my stuff until I paid.  This was almost two years ago so I'm not sure if I can't still get thing from them but I want to help stop them from doing this to other people.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2012 01:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Moving/internet/American-Moving-They-held-my-belongings-hostage-until-I-paid-their-overpriced-bill-Intern-876927. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Moving

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

A Year Later, NO Contact from This Person

AUTHOR: American Moving & Storage - ()

Its now been a year since this person wrote a complaint on a move that occured 3 years before they wrote the complaint.   We have not heard from this person at all.   Note, this is the only report we've ever had on rip-off report.  Don't you just love people with no integrity that post garbage on the internet and then don't respond to legitimate requests to resolve their issues.  If you can't speak directly and honestly with professionals, please don't call us for your move.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Dear Customer moved 3 years ago

AUTHOR: American Moving & Storage - (United States of America)

I apologize for your experience with American Moving.   We were unaware of your issues until reading the report here 8 months after you posted it, and nearly 3 years after we moved you.

I have a faint recollection of the move in question, but please forgive me as we've moved over 5000 folks since.   If we did not perform a shuttle, then you should not have been billed for one.

The woman you spoke with at the time was not a manager or owner and is no longer with the company.

Please contact us to resolve.