Complaint Review: American National Home Loan, La Jolla Lending And Real Estate

• Submitted: Sat, December 27, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, March 09, 2009

• Reported By:Elk Grove California
American National Home Loan, La Jolla Lending And Real Estate
4088 Mahaila Ave, #C San Diego, California U.S.A.

American National Home Loan, La Jolla Lending And Real Estate Mortgage Scam 1135 GARNET AVE #18 SAN DIEGO, California

*Author of original report: Appraisers beware of these companies, they are being ripped off too!

*Consumer Comment: Take legal action against these thieves!

*Consumer Comment: Attorney information

*Author of original report: companies stall!

*Author of original report: companies stall!

*Consumer Comment: You are not alone!

*Consumer Comment: Concerning Michael (notary)

*Consumer Comment: Same Scam, Same Address, Same Companies (name changes often)

Andy McDonald of American National Home Loans contacted me to refinance my ARM loan. I had an Option ARM loan and he claimed that they were working with my current lender to convert these loans to fixed rate loans. He claimed he was able to lock in a loan under 5% due to our income, house value, and credit scores. We had agreed the 4.65 or 4.85 would be the rate and that there was a program with a bonus rebate that would cover the points and fees and that I would pay for closing costs in the range of $2K-$3K.

A Notary (Michael) came to our house and explained that we needed to sign several sets of documents to get the process started and that these were preliminary documents and we needed to contact Andy the next day to set the exact loan amount and loan details. He or someone else would come back to the house to sign the final paperwork later. We did not get copies of any of the paperwork.

Another mortgage broker contacted me the next day from another company and when I had explained the process from the night before he told me that what happened was not correct and he wanted to review the documents. Late in the day I contacted Andy and he said that had not reviewed the documents and I requested copies of everything we signed to be sent to us. I never received any documentation from either mortgage company.
I tried to cancel the transaction over the course of the next several days; however, since it was the thanksgiving holiday all of the government offices were closed. Andy finally did contact me and said he would cancel the loan. I was surprised that a week and a half later I received notice from the escrow company that the loan had been processed and I was charged for the amount of $13K in fees and now have a interest rate of 5.375. This rate is higher than the rate I had before! I also now have an impound account which I did not want. These mortgage companies as well as West American Escrow and Wells Fargo Bank ripped me off!

Frank
Elk Grove, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2008 11:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-National-Home-Loan-La-Jolla-Lending-And-Real-Estate/San-Diego-California-92122/American-National-Home-Loan-La-Jolla-Lending-And-Real-Estate-Mortgage-Scam-1135-GARNET-AV-405261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American National Home Loan, La Jolla Lending And Real Estate

Appraisers beware of these companies, they are being ripped off too!

AUTHOR: Frank - (U.S.A.)

About two weeks ago I received a letter from a collection agency asking me to pay Joe Onstead $700. Since I had never heard of the person I wrote both Joe Onstead and the collection agency a letter asking for details on why they believed I owed them money.

Last Thursday night (3/5/2009)I received a phone call from Joe Onstead. He explained to me that he was the appraiser for the loan in December and that he had never been paid for the appraisal and that he was going after the homeowners to pay him. Mr. Onstead had allowed both American National Home Loan and La Jolla Lending and Real Estate to add the appraisal costs to the loan and would pay him after the loan closed. Mr. Onstead told me that he are out several tens of thousands for dollars since neither company ever paid him for his services. Our conversion was very interesting in that I was just another of the dozens of people who have had a very bad experience with these mortgage companies. He stated that American National Home Loan and La Jolla Lending and Real Estate worked together and that it was Mike Alexander who had ordered the appraisal of our house. He said that he had heard of Andy, our broker, as well. He also said that since he didn't want to be involved with my legal matters that he would tell the collection agency to stop action against me. He told me that he had been in contact with law enforcement and the Department of Real Estate regarding the mortgage companies. I asked Joe to help me by sending me any information on the mortgage and that he would be a key person to help pull together victims, but he said that he would need permission of the other homeowners and again didn't want to get involved.

Take legal action against these thieves!

AUTHOR: Scambuster - (U.S.A.)

For some reason, when you click on the attorney's number you gave, nothing appears. We know how some of you feel out there, and the only way to stop these kinds of people is to take legal action! Don't wait and believe they will fix everything for you like they promised to us and everyone else. They have been doing this scam for awhile now and move from city to city changing their names and numbers making it hard for them to get caught. The good news is many people are reporting them to the various agencies and it's just a matter of time before they get locked up for a long time.

If you have been ripped off by them please report them here and all the other places we have mentioned in the previous posts. Like you mentioned earlier, it would be great if everyone they ripped off could get together and report them all to the same people and departments so we could have a class action law suit against them!

Attorney information

AUTHOR: Homeowner - (U.S.A.)

I filed a complaint on this company on this website also. After doing some research, there is a Federal lawsuit currently filed regarding this company. I had an attorney friend of mine find out the attorney who filed the lawsuit and we are currently in contact with them. I figure this law firm already has the background and knows the players so it should save me time/money.

Here is the contact information of the lawyers who filed a Federal lawsuit against La Lolla Lending: (((Redacted))). The attorneys on record are (((Redacted))). We already contacted them.

CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report. Once lawyers are willing to take on a case against a business, those lawyers will make arrangements with Rip-off Report to put victims in touch with them. Read this link to see why this is for your own protection.

companies stall!

AUTHOR: Frank - (U.S.A.)

American National Home Loan/ Chase Mortgage La Jolla Lending and Real Estate. Thank you who replied and if there is a way to post the lawyers that you are talking to I would love to find out.
In the mean time these people told me that they would refund the unreasonable fees they charged. After 3 weeks, I received no money or further communication on the refund. I am filing suit with the rest of you.

On a funny note, two nights ago Lori of American National Home Loan called to say that "Countrywide has informed us that you have an option ARM and may be interested in refinancing". This is nuts!

companies stall!

AUTHOR: Frank - (U.S.A.)

In the mean time these people told me that they would refund the unreasonable fees they charged. After 3 weeks, I received no money nor further communication on the refund. I am filing suit with the rest of you.

You are not alone!

AUTHOR: Homeowner - (U.S.A.)

We got scammed by these people too. I am also reporting these people to the same authorities as the other poster. We contacted the attorney who is representing another victim to add our name to the list. I wish there was some way we could all get in touch to join forces. This company should not be allowed to operate, ever!

Concerning Michael (notary)

AUTHOR: Scambuster - (U.S.A.)

FYI, the mobile notary Michael many people have complaints against is probably Pooyan Bahktiar (commission #1735371). He told us his name was Micheal also and usually works with Paul Baxter who we also found was not using his real name either. His real name we discovered was Paul Bahktiar (most likely they are related). The notary should be reported to the Secretary of State to have his license taken away. Their number is 916)653-3595. He also charges $700 a fee that is unheard of!

AUTHOR: Scambuster - (U.S.A.)

We know exactly how you feel. We have a strong feeling that the people that scammed you are or work with the people that scammed us. The address you gave is exactly the same as the people we are reporting against. They change their names and numbers frequently so it's hard to report them. Here's some advice, don't call them anymore even though they promise to fix everything because they like to stall and lie for months so you will forget details and it buys them more time so they can rip you off even more. Please look at my report against (Chase Mortgage Credit Group or La Jolla Lending and Real Estate) and report them to all the places we did so they will finally get caught once and for all. You will also find other cases against them online and when you report them to the various places. We are even in talks with a real estate lawyer who has 4 others cases exactly like ours against the same people and companies they purport to represent. These people lie and are scam artists and will forge documents if they have to so they can steal your money!