- Report: #847243
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: American Northpak
American Northpak27840 West Concrete Drive ingleside, Illinois United States of America
American Northpak Franck Hansen deceptive and lied about machinery condition location. Took our money and machine was 1800 miles further away. ingleside, Illinois
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Untrue
We inquired to American Northpak, Franck Hansen who sent two proposals to us. Our need was extremely urgent and we did, unfortunately, trust this company as they have a website, etc. and appeared to be in the business although we had never attempted to do business with them.
Our staff had to decide on a piece for this urgent application and decided to pursue a unit that Franck Hansen sent a proposal and:
- Told our staff that the machine was located in Detroit, MI area.
- Machine was in good running condition
- Machine had a Nordson glue system installed on it
- Machine had a Vacuum pick device
We had one photograph.
We accept responsibility for not physically seeing the unit, but time was of the essesnse on this project.
We wired the money to Franck Hansen.
- Franck would not respond to email requests for location of machine so that we could set up our own freight.
- Franck advised that he could get the machine to us on our date (2 days) but would not tell us the cost.
- Franck's secretary finally divulged to us that the machine was located in Nanton, Alberta Canada, 1800 miles further and across the border to the north, complicating our immediate need.
- Iimmediately, upon discovery, I sent Franck an email, as they would not answer their phone or return calls:
Are you kidding me? Detroit? This machine is in Alberta Canada!! What is going on and someone is not telling us the truth here.
When I was asked I said I thought it was near Detroit. I said I would have to confirm. I wasn't sure. The machine is exactly what we said.
The only inconvenience we have caused is probably some additional freight cost. I will determine if that is the case, and will make some adjustment for that.
We needed American Northpak's help in getting proper documention for the machine in order for us to get it across the border.
Franck refused to call us back and respond to emails with the exception of this email I sent to him:
On Feb 17, 2012, at 4:11 PM, :
CUSTOMS NEEDS YOUR INPUT ON THIS DEAL.
Franck responded at 5:06 PM with:
What do you need?
We finally got our freight line to take care of this issue without the help of Franck Hansen.
- We lost three days in getting the machine past customs, our cost of frieght increased by $ 2,400.00 USD plus custom duties.
- The machine was in poor running condition
- The machine did not have a nordson glue system installed
- The machine did not have a vacuum pick device installed
- Franck's latest response to our request to compensate us for the difference of freight from Detroit, MI verses Nanton, Alberta, Canada:
We contacted Franck today to ask for a rebate on the difference in freight. His response was as follows:
From our quote:
Northpak will supply its best appraisal as to the condition of the equipment, but encourage the buyer to make its own inspection whenever possible. The specifications and condition report listed herein must be
verified by buyer. Specifications of the machinery should be checked with the original manufacturer to verify compatibility and performance. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information,although we have made our best effort to gather accurate information. Northpak Company will supply its best appraisal as to the condition of the equipment, but encourages the buyer to make its owninspection. Model and serial numbers, electrical requirements, size capability, year of original manufacture, and performance capabilities are to be verified by the buyer. Seller does not represent that any specifications provided are accurate. Seller will endeavor to provide any information available from previous owners of used machinery, or the manufacturer of the used machinery, but DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OF THIS INFORMATION. In all cases, the machinery will not be able to
exceed original manufacturers stated capability as to any aspect of performance, size range, speed, etc. We gave you the information that had been given to us.
My company obviously disputes Franck Hansen and his business practice. He did absolutely nothing to earn his money nor do we consider him to be an honest business associate.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2012 03:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Northpak/ingleside-Illinois-60041/American-Northpak-Franck-Hansen-deceptive-and-lied-about-machinery-condition-location-Too-847243. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.