Complaint Review: American Octane

• Updated: Tue, July 20, 2010

• Reported By: Krishna — houston Texas United States of America
American Octane
4160 NW 1st Ave Boca Raton, Florida United States of America

American Octane On March 15th, 2010, I have received an acceptance letter from American octane credit card department. I have not received the credit card until May and on May 1st, I have called them and as well emai Boca Raton, Florida

On March 15th, 2010, I have received an acceptance letter from American octane credit card department. I have not received the credit card until May and on May 1st, I have called them and as well emailed them asking that I am not happy with their service. They said they cancelled my account and would refund my $129 which they charged my checking account as onetime fee. Their promise was through an email confirmation they sent me. Later I tried calling them on the phone contact number but they hardly take their call and the voice message facility is so short that I could not even leave my name. After repeated emails, they replied that they did process the refund. But when I asked them to provide me the transaction details of the refund, they never replied me. After repeatedly contacting them on March 27th they sent me an email confirming that the refund would hit my checking account on June 3rd. I never received any refund and moreover they charged a monthly fee of $9.99 even after they said the account was cancelled. I spent almost an hour everyday on average calling them, if I was lucky and they take the call, they respond me saying that the concerned department is out of desk or on a vacation and they take my contact number. They never contact me back. Even my bank "Bank of America" tried to resolve the issue but they could not. They charged me $129+$9.99= $138.99 from my checking account without providing any service and they are not refunding my money back. I have all the email confirmations from their side where they said that they are sorry and they are cancelling my account and also they promised me several times that the refunds will be in my checking account soon. I have waited for almost 3 months. Please do me the needful.

The latest reply I got from them is that they will not refund my money as I filed a dispute against which they took it personally.

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/20/2010 04:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Octane/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/American-Octane-On-March-15th-2010-I-have-received-an-acceptance-letter-from-American-o-625272. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Octane