Complaint Review: American Publications - National Advertising Network Inc. - NANI

• Submitted: Sun, March 22, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, March 22, 2009

• Reported By:Monroe Wisconsin
American Publications - National Advertising Network Inc. - NANI
PO Box 9476 New Haven, Connecticut U.S.A.
  • Phone: 203-2080581
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

American Publications - National Advertising Network Inc. - NANI, $40 RIP OFF - New Haven Connecticut

Back in January I saw an advertisement for American Publications to make packets at home. I thought this would be a great idea since I am a stay at home mom. Mostly to give me something to do. I called the number that was listed in the paper under NANI (National Advertising Network Inc.).

The adverisement said "$$$ Work from home$$$ Earn up to $3800 weekly working from home assembling information packets, No experience necessary! Start Immediately! Free Information. Call 24 Hrs. 1-888-202-1012."

So I called about one week later I recieved my "application" that said that they were only accepting 13 more applications. So I quickly ran to the post office, got a money order, filled out both, and sent it off. Two weeks later I got my little blue book of Secret Home Jobs, but nothing else. I waited another two weeks. Nothing came. So I called the 1-888-202-1012 number to see if I could get a hold of a person instead of a machine that said "If you have recieved your application send it in immediatley and we will send out your packets asap. If you are no longer wanting to assemble packets just send back your materials and we will take you off our list".

The person when I called the 888 number back took all my info again, and then gave my a 1-888-222-0833 number to call. (She also thought I needed another application because she sent me another application). So I called. I got a machine again which told me that "if you have sent in your application and have not recieved your materials you need to contact us via mail (a letter). So I did. I even sent it Certified Mail to make sure they recieved it. I included a copy of my application (which I copied before I sent it), my letter, a copy of the add, and my money order reciept.I used the same address for everything. They obviously got my money order but some how three weeks later still have not gotten my Certified Letter?!?!?!?!?

So total I am out $43.12 NOT including two stamps (.42 cents each). I wish I would have check this site before I sent these scammers my money. Funny thing is for only having 13 more open spots the advertisement is still in my local paper every week.

Heather E
Monroe, Wisconsin

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2009 11:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Publications-National-Advertising-Network-Inc-NANI/New-Haven-Connecticut-06534-0476/American-Publications-National-Advertising-Network-Inc-NANI-40-RIP-OFF-New-Haven-436619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Publications - National Advertising Network Inc. - NANI