Complaint Review: American Publications

• Submitted: Sun, December 07, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, December 07, 2008

• Reported By:oakley California
American Publications
Po Box 9476 New Haven, Connecticut U.S.A.

American Publications American Publications - Scammed in California New Haven Connecticut

I sent in $40 after replying to the ad in the Penny Saver for work at home services. It called for stuffing envelopes @ home for up to $4400.00 a week. Yeah, I know sounds too good to be true. I sent my money order just this week. I didn't have the internet up until today and now I see all of these complaints about this company. This is too bad! I am trying to stop payment on the money order and hope it's not too late.

I sure hope these people are caught and do some prison time for scamming people who are just trying to make ends meet in this poor economy. It's shameful!! If I actually receive any materials or payment I will be sure to let people know but the stories are all the same here and it appears to be a fraudulent business opportunity that has reached many states.

The original number that I called was 1-888-202-1012. This business appears to be taking calls in India since each time I call the accent is the same. The number given on the letter received asking for a $40 deposit is 203-208-0581 and this is only a recording with a message urging to send the money quick. This needs to be stopped before more victims send their money.

Sincerely,
Sabrina

Binabear
oakley, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2008 07:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Publications/New-Haven-Connecticut-06534/American-Publications-American-Publications-Scammed-in-California-New-Haven-Connecticut-398940. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Publications