Complaint Review: American Publishing Company

• Updated: Thu, August 30, 2012

• Reported By: Kimberly — Oakwood Village Ohio United States of America
American Publishing Company
One Columbus Ctr Ste 600 #9 Virginia Beach, Virginia United States of America

American Publishing Company Constantly calling and won't let you cancel "membership" Virginia Beach, Virginia

*Author of original report: American Publishing Group is a SCAM

Last December I got a call at about eight in the morning from a man who claimed to be calling regarding my new account with Huntington Bank. I took a quick survey about how I felt about the bank and my card and at the end he asked about a magazine subscription. It was eight in the morning so I was just trying to get the guy off the phone. I agreed to the subscription but once I went back to campus I realized that I needed to cancel it because I wasn't home to read any of the magazines and no one at my moms had any interest. By this time it was mid January. When I called I made what I thought was my final payment and when I asked to cancel my subscription I was transferred to a supervisor. He then told me that there was no way I could cancel the only thing I could do was lower my payments. I've had magazine subscriptions before and I've always had the option to cancel so right away I knew this company was complete bull. I paid the lower prices but if I missed a payment I'd get calls from three different numbers AND they'd call private. This company has ripped me off for at least $300 and I'm trying to find a way to get out of this crap subscription. Avoid anyone calling about a magazine because odds are you'll regret it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2012 01:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Publishing-Company/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23462/American-Publishing-Company-Constantly-calling-and-wont-let-you-cancel-membership-Virg-934907. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Publishing Company

American Publishing Group is a SCAM

AUTHOR: Kimberly21 - (United States of America)