Complaint Review: American Publishing Group VA

• Updated: Tue, October 02, 2012

• Reported By: Kailee — Houston Texas United States of America
American Publishing Group VA
3509 VA BEACH BLVD VA Beach, Virginia United States of America

American Publishing Group VA A.P.G. American Publishing Group VA calls, and doesn't allow to cancel subscription. VA Beach, Virginia

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: A.P.G. is a rip off

This company calls during dinner, and I'm trying to get him off my back as i'm cooking. I, not realizing it, apparently agreed to subscribe to the magazines. To get rid of him, I figured i'd do it to get him off my back and then go back and cancel the subscription. He also said there would be a monthly payment of like $19...something. and it would all add up to $68...something. I said fine. whatever. So later on that month I see in my bank that they have taken out $68 something from my bank account. and I had thought that that was my last payment. and I thought that I didn't have to cancel it anymore, since I had already paid up the full amount. Nope. The next month, they take out another $68 dollars. At this time, I still had not received ANY magazines or anything else. I tried looking for their contact and website, and was unsuccessful. Later on, I found reviews saying that this is all a scam and a ripoff. I then called my bank about it and had to close my account so they wouldn't take any more money out. Once they realized they couldn't take any more money out, they called me four times a day. Everyday. I picked up once and I they told me that I had more payments of the $68 to come, and they said that they could lower the price and told me that I only had to pay three payments of $270 till I am done paying. At this time, my mailbox starting becoming overpopulated with magazines I didn't even know existed. This all comes to over a thousand dollars. I am returning all the items to the sender, and still figuring away to get out of this horrible and crappy subscription. Don't answer ANY calls for magazines or a "diamond watch" (which also apparently came with it, turns out, it's a cheap ass watch i could get for 2 dollars) HANG UP STRAIGHT AWAY. don't agree to anything!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/11/2012 01:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Publishing-Group-VA/VA-Beach-Virginia-23452/American-Publishing-Group-VA-APG-American-Publishing-Group-VA-calls-and-doesnt-allow-939666. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Publishing Group VA

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

A.P.G. is a rip off

AUTHOR: Kayj - (United States of America)

I was driving home from work when A.P.G. contacted me and was trying to get to buy into thier offer. I kept saying not and they keep going down in thier offer to buy the magazines. After 3 tries I figure that I would cancel my oder once I receive my letter. The weird thing is that I tried but I couldnt reach them due to thier hours and their time zone is Mountain and I am in Central and they do not open up on weekends. So by the time I did reach them they still wanted me to pay like half the amount even though I have not received my first order.  I feel that this is a rip off.