Complaint Review: American Puppy Club INC

• Submitted: Sun, January 27, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, January 31, 2010

• Reported By:Sea Bright New Jersey
American Puppy Club INC
1874 Rte 35 South Middletown, New Jersey U.S.A.

American Puppy Club INC Scammed By Middletown New Jersey

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Replacement

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: please contact me...

*Consumer Comment: We want a lawsuit against Breeder's Association of America

*Consumer Suggestion: new name they are under: Breeders Association of America

1/26/08 What a horror it has been in dealing with "American Puppy Club" I Bought a Yorkshire Terrier Puppy from them on 11/11/07, he was very tiny and very sweet,He came down with the sniffles and a cough on day 4 of being home with us. I took him to our Vet on 11/16/07 at "Red Bank Veterinary Hospital" where he was diagnosed with pneumonia after having 3 chest x-rays done which our Vet recommended due to the way his lungs sounded,as well as his running a fever. Our Vet sent us home with several medications along with an unfit for sale letter. She also advised us that he may need to be admitted if he did not get any better in 24 hours. I called American Puppy and told them what our Vet had found, They asked me to bring the puppy back to them ASAP so that their Vet could take care of him and that they could get some food into him, they were closing and would wait for me to get there for me to bring all his paper work with me. My husband and I bundled up our puppy and went to American Puppy, they had me sign a form which was for a full refund, one sales girl took the puppy to the back along with his paper work and then came back up front with another sales girl and informed me I had filled out the wrong form and had me sign a new one, I was so distracted by the sales girl who took our puppy to the back she was going on and on about how he might not make it I signed the 2nd form without reading it like I had read the first one, I was shocked over the prospect that our puppy might not make it. I didn't read the form until a few days after, I was busy running between my job and home and to American Puppy to spend time with our Puppy. My Sister,brother in-law and my nephews came in from Pittsburgh for a Jet game, While the boys were at the game my sister and I went to visit my puppy, My sister was shocked at how sick he was and asked me if he was going to die. The sales girl over heard us and said we had your sister sign a store credit form in case he doesn't make it she can get a replaement puppy. After a long discussion with my sister, brother in-law and my husband we decided not to take the puppy back as he was so ill, we informed American Puppy that we wanted our money back, They said you signed a form for Store credit stating you were returning the puppy for personal reasons not because he was unfit for purchase, I said I gave you a copy of the vet bill and the unfit for sale letter from out vet the night we returned him to you 11/16/07. They said we never got a copy of the unfit for sale letter and you signed a form stating that.

I stopped dealing with American Puppy and wrote a letter to SCA the financing company to disbute my bill for the $1600, I let them know I do not have the puppy , I sent them a copy of the unfit for sale letter as well as the bill from our vet, a copy of the Store Contract, and a copy of the form they had me sign, I mailed it to them certified return receipt requested.

I am waiting to hear back from them, I plan on going to court if needed.

If anyone out there wants to start a class action law suit please contact me as I'd like all of us to be heard, and have our day in court.

Kerrie Disgusted in sea bright nj
Sea Bright, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2008 07:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Puppy-Club-INC/Middletown-New-Jersey-07748/American-Puppy-Club-INC-Scammed-By-Middletown-New-Jersey-303737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Puppy Club INC

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Replacement

AUTHOR: Betsy - (United States of America)

The situation with my puppy has been resolved along with lori and the store owner I was given a new puppy...

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

please contact me...

AUTHOR: Betsy - (United States of America)

Hello Kerrie My name is Betsy I purchased a puppy there 3 weeks ago and my puppy passed on last night.I have so many unanswered questions and I am interested in speaking with you please contact me at (((ROR redacted))). I hoope to hear from you i have a daughter who is a mess this puppy was her xmas gift and I plan to fix this situation.

We want a lawsuit against Breeder's Association of America

AUTHOR: Shut Them Down! - (U.S.A.)

We have had nothing but problems as well with the Breeder's Association of American in Brick, NJ. Our puppy was sick when we got her and we have already spent over $200 on vet bills.

The vet suggested we find out where the dog came from. We tried to get the breeder information from the store but they said since we financed the dog we would be unable to get that information. We paid the balance we owed them and they finally told us where the dog came from.

We typed in the name of the Kennel (Oleo Acres) into Google and it came up that this kennel was charged by the USDA for violating the Animal Welfare Act with over 15 charges. We still can find no information about the breeder.

We are disgusted that the "Breeder's Association" is selling sick dogs for hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars. They need to be put out of business for good!

#4 Consumer Suggestion

new name they are under: Breeders Association of America

AUTHOR: Pika23 - (U.S.A.)

If you go over to Brick, on Highway 70, in that strip mall by the 5 guys burgers and fries, you will see a store that says PUPPIES on the outside.

That is them. American Puppy CLub aka National Breeders Network now also called Breeders association of america.

They have 6 BBB complaints, but were considered satisfactory because no one reported back to the BBB to say they were resolved.

The whole place reeks of bleach when you go in, and they do this hard sell, and make such lame a*s comments, like "you should get two dogs, to keep eachother company!"

and that their dogs stay alive longer because they are not from a breeder! I stop in once every 4 months or so...just to visit with the poor puppies trapped in there.