Complaint Review: American Puppy Club

• Updated: Thu, February 10, 2011

• Reported By: Molly — Highlands New Jersey United States of America
American Puppy Club
1876 New Jersey 35 Middletown, New Jersey United States of America

American Puppy Club, Middletown NJ Sold us a AKC dog that isnt AKC!!! Real CARN ARTIST! Middletown New Jersey

Well when we walked in you are greated by all women. They seem very nice, but they are awful people. We went looking at there puppys and we saw a AKC pug puppy, and we wanted her and we asked her price, they said we had to do paperwork before finding out her price. They came back and told us she was $2600. We said no way, within twenty minutes they went from $2600 to $960 everything inculded. This should have been a red flag but we loved the dog and this people are very good at doing what they do. I asked them about breeding her and they said she could be breed, even thought she had a hernia. Also I asked about her AKC paperwork and they said I could pick it up within 4 months. I went home and was talking to my father about the puppy and he used to breed pugs and told me that I needed to call them because the paperwork for AKC has to be done by me, not them. I called them to ask them and they told me " Your dog is NOT AKC, she is ACA" I was very mad and told them I spoke with the mananger and she told me 3-4 times that she was AKC and they would be in;in a few months, also I told her that inside her cage it said AKC, she called me a lyer. My dogs paperwork says AKC and they said it was an mistake. I am trying to find a lawyer to pursure this, I have in writing AKC and they said I dont. Also they told me she came from a private home owner is OH. Witch she didnt. She came from House of Pets. One of the largest puppy mills in America. They also dont pay anymore than $250 for any dog they have there. We was ripped off over $600 for a "mutt" dog. That was supposed to be AKC. Dont waste your money with this place, they just take your money and after you leave forget about everything else. Also buying dogs at this place is just keeping puppy mills going!! Please spread the word about this AWFUL AWFUL PLACE!! =(

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2011 07:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Puppy-Club/Middletown-New-Jersey-/American-Puppy-Club-Middletown-NJ-Sold-us-a-AKC-dog-that-isnt-AKC-Real-CARN-ARTIST-M-693459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Puppy Club