Complaint Review: American Puppy Club

• Submitted: Tue, May 01, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, June 23, 2007

• Reported By:Piscataway New Jersey
American Puppy Club
1876 Route 35 S Middletown, New Jersey U.S.A.

American Puppy Club Unreputable sale practices Middletown New Jersey

*Consumer Suggestion: At it again....this time in Brick NJ under NEW name! AND I witnessed an irate sick puppy owner!

At the time of purchasing our Boxer pup we were told that if pup has problems with front dewclaws all we needed to do was get a note of necessity from our vet and we would be reimbursed for removal that the owner will deduct from the breeder. Pup became immediately sick. Took to vet next day - vet said pup was was not fit for sale. We got treatment for worms and pneumonia.

We submitted vet's letter of necessity, and American Puppy said they wanted to see the detailed estimate before giving us approval. As dog was getting neutered at the same time they wanted all procedures detailed with costs even thought they were not paying for other procedure. We provided everything they asked for. They wanted we to have all procedures done through their vet who was over 100 higher to neuter, but 100 cheaper to dewclaw. American Puppy said they would only reimburse me 85 because that's what their vet would charge.

I called their vet's office, Holmdel Veterinary Clinic. I was very specific about American Puppy paying direct bill for dewclaw procedure of my boxer. Melissa at Holmdel Vet said the fee was 85 direct billing to American Puppy only if I got the neutering done at the same time. If I didn't get the dog neutered there it was 170 for the dewclaw removal and did not include pain medication or antibiotics. My vet's fee was 235.00. American Puppy said they would only pay 85.00 to me. Holmdel Vet would not provide written estimate.

American Puppy stated we would be reimbursed for dewclaw removal if necessary as long as we provided a note from OUR vet. We did this and they are trying to weasel out of paying. We did not ask for reimbursement for pre-op blood work, antibiotics, or pain medication because he was being neutered at the same time.

Susan
Piscataway, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2007 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Puppy-Club/Middletown-New-Jersey-07748/American-Puppy-Club-Unreputable-sale-practices-Middletown-New-Jersey-246387. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Puppy Club

#1 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Amanda - (U.S.A.)

Well now they Operate under a new tag in Brick NJ called American Puppy gourp network or something...went there today not knowing this obviously...I just thought it was a new little pet shop...saw all the testimonials from supposedly real customers...and witnessed a lady getting ripped off 3000 dollars for a 5 week old maltese puppy that they were letting her kids literally swing around in a puppy bag they found on the shelf!!!

so I grab a business card while I wait for my husband to come pick me up...The name looked suspicious...so I ask Are you called American Breeders Network also?
the girls like NO! we are American Puppy Group in Middletown...so I get this evil knowing smirk on my face and sit and wait for my ride...meanwhile the lady thinking of purchasing a maltese...came to me and said...you think i should pay 3000 dollars for this dog? (she asked me because i bought my shih tzu puppy in with me to browse the toys) I quitely told her no...and then funniest thing of all ...this woman storm sin with a min pin in her arms...carrying these vet papers and contracts...saying that "this dog is sick...blah blah unfit blah blah..." right in front of people who were gonna purchase a yorkie!

All of a sudden damamge control kicks in..they block this lady from the one trying to sign the papers for the yorkie...and the signer is all like whoa...whats going on....my husband came at that moment and pulled me away before i started a scene...but not before i could tell a couple people that these were the same guys from rip off report.