Complaint Review: American RV Rentals

• Submitted: Sat, January 06, 2001
  • Updated: Sat, January 06, 2001

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
American RV Rentals
19601 E.Walnut Drive, City of Industry Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

American RV Rentals horrible service disgusting Motor Home rentals

We rented an RV from Diamond RV rentals in LA. The motorhome was driven from LA to San Francisco, where we would arrive from Holland. We met near the airport. This is a long story, but to make things short, the motorhome was in such a terrible state, that we didn't dare to drive in it, once we were parked near Monterey.

The steering wheel was loose, safety belts broken and taped, broken windows, heavily stained carpets and benches, the fire extinguisher was outdated, the shower didn't work etc.etc. We rented a car to move around. I made pictures of the motorhome. I've sent them to the State Attorney, I've sent many letters to everyone like Better Business Bureau, California Trade and Commerce etc,etc. They all told me, they couldn't do anything, because I live abroad. Up till now, we didn't get back our cleaning deposit of 250,= and the insurance deposit of 500,= This is only part of the story of our horrible vacation in California. Definetly a rip-off. Hopefully more consumers will find out about them because the BBB still gives them a satisfactoyr rating?

You have a great forum, I see you all over the search engins!

Pat Rubinstein

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-RV-Rentals/Los-Angeles-California/American-RV-Rentals-horrible-service-disgusting-Motor-Home-rentals-4142. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American RV Rentals