Complaint Review: American Reading Club

• Submitted: Fri, June 01, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, June 01, 2007

• Reported By:Palmdale California
American Reading Club
5175 Performance Dr. Cumming, Georgia U.S.A.

American Reading Club FRAUD ripoff Cumming Georgia

Like many others this company omehow got ahold of my account information and decided to bill be for magazines. I called the bank and placed a stop payment and disputed the charges. I also canled the debit card they were using. The problem went away, or so I thought. This week I noticed a charge for $11.37.

I called the bank and was told the stop payment had to be renewed every 6 months. I called American reading club and demanded a refund. I was told they sent a renewal notice and if I did not send it back with a cancleation with in 7 days I would be authorizing the purchace.

I told them I never placed an order so how could there be something to renew. I asked for something in writing showing an order was placed. I was told they did not have any proof and could not provide any documentation surprise surprise.

I also filed a BBB complaint and advise you to do the same.

Larry
Palmdale, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2007 06:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Reading-Club/Cumming-Georgia-30040/American-Reading-Club-FRAUD-ripoff-Cumming-Georgia-251604. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Reading Club