occupied

• Submitted: Wed, October 04, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, October 04, 2006

• Reported By:Venice California
American Reading Club
1310 Canton Hwy Cumming, Georgia U.S.A.

American Reading Club Scammers! Liars! Rip Off! B.S. Cancelation Policy! Do not Trust them! Cumming Georgia

The ARC contacted me 2 yrs ago by phone, how they got my phone # I have no idea. It sounded good at the time. Shortley after I joined I realized I didnt have the funds. I tried to cancel and was told I couldn't, that it wa past the cancelation date. So they cut my payments in half, fine.

Two years later, Im still paying, but trying to cancel. They still wont allow me to. At the end of my subscription, Sep, they sent me a stupid little watch as a thank you, along with some papers. One that I had to mail back saying that i did indeed recieve the watch. I thought I was done. Then I realized I was chargesd twice in the same month by the ARC. When I called they told me I have 2 accounts! The woman said I renewed my subscription back in July! And that they recorded it. I told her I wanted to listen to it, but she was unable locate it.

I called back again demanded to cancel and was told that they pay the publishing co upfront, and that I had a financial agreement. They say they are willing to cut my payments some more and cut my contract down to 16 months.

I am so upset! I feel totally ripped off and lied to. I NEVER would have agreed to renew this stupid membership. And I know I didnt!

Erica
Venice, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2006 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Reading-Club/Cumming-Georgia-30040/American-Reading-Club-Scammers-Liars-Rip-Off-BS-Cancelation-Policy-Do-not-Trust-them-214246. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Reading Club