Complaint Review: American Reading Club

• Submitted: Sat, September 30, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, September 30, 2006

• Reported By:Claymont Delaware
American Reading Club
1310 Canton Highway Cumming, Georgia U.S.A.

American Reading Club billed me $895 without an order from me Ripoff Cumming Georgia

I started receiving calls from ARC about a past due bill. When I asked what it was for they told me I ordered magazines from them. I explained that I never placed any orders with them but they continue to call me almost every day. I told them I was unemployed and would not order magazines. I asked what credit card the order was placed on, they gave me a number that I never heard of, so I didn't worry too much, then they charged my bank account $50 so I closed my account. I continue to get daily calls and past due notices. I asked for a copy of the order and they said it was verbal so I asked for a copy of the tape and they refused. They refuse to cancel the order and will not stop calling me.

Dale
Claymont, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2006 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Reading-Club/Cumming-Georgia-30040/American-Reading-Club-billed-me-895-without-an-order-from-me-Ripoff-Cumming-Georgia-213562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Reading Club