Complaint Review: American Reading Club

• Updated: Sat, November 03, 2007

• Reported By:Endicott New York
American Reading Club
Cummings, Georgia U.S.A.

American Reading Club Total Rip Off... They need to be Stopped! Cummings Georgia

American Reading Club has been nothing but a headache to me to. I keep fighting with them and get No where. I was con into this club for reasons I'm not sure of, but that same day they called me back to set up Magazine Delivery and I told them to please Cancel. A few weeks later I get a mailing in the mail about my order and a magazine list. Called the day I received and they told me I never asked for it to be canceled it must have been a different Magazine club I cancelled with.. ?? Think I would know right??? and I could not cancel because they Prepay my magazines.

Even told me if I paid on my credit card that it would not effect my Limit on my card. Well that was very untrue. I have now been doing everything I can to dig out of my new credit card debit no thanks to them. They call me all the time trying to offer me gifts and they do this in a way to make me sound like I'm getting a free gift at the same time signing me up for more. Wow that was close I didn't realize what I just did till the end. So last time they called I blew them out they told me I had only 2 payments left. What a relief. Hundreds of dollars I spent for Magazines. (Magazines that issue I will tell ya in a min) That was a three months ago. As far as they told me I was done.

Last month 4.. count them 4 ...20.00 payments were put on my card again causing me to go over my limit. When is the madness going to stop! What can we all do??? They need to be stopped.. really they do... Lastly let me tell you about the magazines.. I never got what I wanted... I'd call to change magazines and they would tell me that they would send me a new list to pick from. Over two years do you know when I finally got one... 3 months ago. Still not getting what I want... I get crap.. Like Diving World.. (I'm not a diver) and Latino.. No offense against Latino's and all.. but Latino I am not. Haven't seen most of the Magazines I did sign up for in about 6 months. I just don't get it. They call me all the time.. Non-stop... When I turn them down on there free offers sometimes even in the same day they call and try it again. I don't answer my phone anymore....

Sweettigg
Endicott, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2007 02:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Reading-Club/Cummings-Georgia/American-Reading-Club-Total-Rip-Off-They-need-to-be-Stopped-Cummings-Georgia-282742. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Reading Club