Complaint Review: American Residential Warranty

• Updated: Mon, May 05, 2014

• Reported By: D2383 — Pearland Texas
American Residential Warranty
1700 N. Dixie Hwy, Ste. 126, Boca Raton, Florida USA

American Residential Warranty Excludes certain parts of basic repairs Boca Raton Florida

*General Comment: To the owner of the company rebuttle

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Genevieve is not an employee

*Consumer Comment: Mutual Agreement

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Unbelieveable

*UPDATE Employee ..inside information: Please Contact us Directly

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: American Residential Warranty

*UPDATE Employee: Please Contact Us Directly

*UPDATE Employee: Please Contact us Directly

American Residential Warranty claims to cover air conditioning repair but when it came time to repair my 5 year old air conditioner, they told me the particular part that needed to be repaired was not covered under their list of allowable parts. My air conditioning repair person could not believe it. He said in all his years of repairing air conditioners, he had never heard that line before.

I have religiously paid my monthly premiums for years and this is the only time I've submitted a claim. It was not even a huge claim - under $500. Perhaps they should issue a parts list with every policy so policy holders know exactly what is covered and what is not. Emphasis on the NOT.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2013 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Residential-Warranty/Boca-Raton-Florida-33432/American-Residential-Warranty-Excludes-certain-parts-of-basic-repairs-Boca-Raton-Florida-1051090. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Residential Warranty

#1 General Comment

To the owner of the company rebuttle

AUTHOR: qmmaster - ()

For the "Owner of the company" that was really immature, i was actually considering your service, but considering that the "Owner of the Company" Acts like a child, and shows no respect to your customers, ive already informed other people of your attitude, and I think some growing up in order, its obvious you run a improper buisness, and I can see why. Grow up or hand your company over because you my friend prove to have the mentallity of a child. good day and fair well.

#2 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Genevieve is not an employee

Dear Rip Off Report,

Genevieve is not associated with our company.  We have spoken with the customer who had the water heater issue and we have worked to an amicable resolution.

To others,

RipOffReport will not remove bogus postings like the one made by Genevieve, even when provided with proof the comments did not originate from our business. Their platform allows anyone to pose as the owner of a company and write disparaging remarks directed towards the business and legitimate complainants.

Chris@arwplans.com

Mutual Agreement

AUTHOR: ARW Sucks - ()

American Residential and I reached a mutual agreement regarding the water heater.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Unbelieveable

AUTHOR: Genevieve - ()

Your water heater broke down and they "didn't come out until the next day"

The next day !!! Are you serious ?? I wish I could find a plumber to come out the next day for service.

Wow !!! Let's go on the computer and just right bad things about hard working people and ruin there lives.

"The next day"  I still can't get over that. Do you want them to sleep in your backyard?

#5 UPDATE Employee ..inside information

Please Contact us Directly

AUTHOR: Chris T. - ()

In regards to the complaint below, we have spoken with the customer and explained the intial cash out offer on her water heater.  We did make arrangements to increase the cash out by $100.00 and this was acccepted by the customer.  If we can be of further assistance please do not hesistate to contact me directly - chris@arwplans.com.

Chris@arwplans.com

#6 REBUTTAL Individual responds

American Residential Warranty

AUTHOR: ARW Sucks - ()

I’m too disappointed with American Residential Warranty, I’ve been a customer since 7-15-11, on 10-16-13, my water heater broke, and no one showed up until the next day.  “For emergency service please call 1-800-341-3624, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.”   If your air conditioner and hot water heater is over 10 yrs old the most you will get for that job is $500 maximum, being that I started service 7-15-11, ARW paid only $400 on a job that cost me $1850.  Please read your contract and check with other home warranty service.  I did find one that will pay $3,000 per occurrence no matter how old your appliance is.  ARW could have given me the maximum$500 but they we’re too cheap to give me an additional $100 being that thus far they’ve collected approx $1400 from me already.

Please Contact Us Directly

Good Afternoon,

Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss the nature of your complaint so that we can review the specific details together to make sure the claim was handled properly.    With regards to items that are covered under the warranty, we supply all customer's with a detailed outline of covered and non-covered items for all systems covered under our Home Service Agreement.

I can be reached directly at:

chris@arwplans.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Please Contact us Directly

Good Afternoon,

I can be reached directly at:

chris@arwplans.com

I look forward to hearing from you.