Complaint Review: American Sales Industries

• Submitted: Wed, September 12, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, September 12, 2007

• Reported By:Birmingham Alabama
American Sales Industries
3560 Investment Lane Riviera Beach, Florida U.S.A.

American Sales Industries/selectyourgifts.com $250.00 misleading gift cetificate will end up costing you over $100 to use.. Riviera Beach Florida

I recieved a notice/add in the mail from a car dealership in Birmingham, Al. that I had definitley won one of several prizes, no Purchase necessary! should have known then!! but, in my curiousity, I decided to go and collect my gift...when I got there, salesmen came out of nowhere licking thier chops like buzzards, ready to open the door of my car before I even stopped!! when they find your just there to collect your prize, they hand you a gift certificate for $250.00 worth of NASCAR merchandise, then try to con you into sending them more people, that they will pay you $100/200. per car they sell, hmmm...The cert. reads you pay only S&H and a $5.00 one time pross. fee. when you go online (selectyourgifts.com) to use your gift cert. you find out it will end up costing you $116.40 to use the full amout! SCAM!!! After doing a little investigating myself, I found several web pages claiming the same scam with selectyourgifts.com aka American Sales Industries, Riviera Beach, Fl. working with car dealerships among other companies. The next day, I confronted the sales manager with this and he did'nt seem very concerned, acted like he knew nothing. I told him the gift cert. was misleading, he did'nt seem to care...I think there needs to be an investigation into this scam. People need to be made aware of these kind of scams and I also think these dealers need to be investigated for working with these scam companies.

Nick
Birmingham, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2007 04:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Sales-Industries/Riviera-Beach-Florida-33404/American-Sales-Industriesselectyourgiftscom-25000-misleading-gift-cetificate-will-end-274316. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Sales Industries