Complaint Review: American Scholarships

• Submitted: Sun, June 06, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, June 06, 2010

• Reported By: Kim — Cave Creek Arizona Virgin Islands (US)
American Scholarships
33175 Temecula Parkway, Ste A Temecula, California United States of America

American Scholarships They promised that my son Austin would received $250.00 in scholarships, which he didn't qualify for anything Temecula, California

I attended a seminar about scholarships that was presented by American Scholarships. They presented their seminar in such a way that they promised that if you signed up with them, your child would receive at least $250.00 in scholarship money or you would get your money back. I paid the $199.00 that was required that night and received the matches within about 1 week. I sent out letters to the companies that they matched my son up with, and heard from one of them that they weren't doing the scholarship, one he didn't receive and anything and didn't hear back from the other ten companies. I worked on this from 2008 to 2009 to see if we could get anything. I sent out letters twice to these companies and still had no reply. I then contacted American Scholarship and informed them of this to see if we could get some new names and trying to get them to return my phone calls was almost impossible. I left messages every week an finally got someone to answer my call. All she said was to resend the letters and I told her I had already done that. She wasn't any help.
Then December 7, 2009, I returned everything to American Scholarships to get my money back. I have called them every week and left messages and can't get anyone to call me back. I have been able to talk to Maria about three times and she is the one that constantly tells me that the lady who handles this doesn't come in until Tuesday and that she will call me. She has never called me yet and this has been going on for six months with no refund of my money and no eligibility of scholarships since the companies that they gave me either had a need base or had to be an employee of their company. I want my $200.00 back since I need it for my sons education and they didn't deliver what they promised.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2010 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Scholarships/Temecula-California-92592/American-Scholarships-They-promised-that-my-son-Austin-would-received-25000-in-scholars-610914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Scholarships