Complaint Review: American Search Partners

• Submitted: Fri, May 04, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, May 04, 2012

• Reported By: Tiffany — Texas U.S.A.
American Search Partners
13601 Preston Rd, East Tower 4th Floor Dallas, Texas United States of America

American Search Partners Complete waste of time, degrading and domineering sales tactics Dallas, Texas

I took time off from my current employment after being baited to come in because this company had 'received' my resume.

They requested an interview.
This was not an interview. This was a sales 'pitch'.

However, it was much less of a 'pitch' in that it did not bolster me up about their product and what they were selling. Instead, my interviewer, Robert, began by asking me my age, and chastised me for moving in closer to use his desk. He described this as an invasion of the type "A" personalities control space in an interview. I have always used this as a way to show interest in the proceedings.

Then he asked me to rate myself on a scale from one to ten on things like my interviewing skills, my interviewing attire, my resume and my attitude.

Each response was greeted with a quizzical almost astounded response.

After my responses, Robert proceeded to downgrade me on everything I had said except for my attitude, because after all, "He really didn't know me."

Eventually he got to the point of how, if his 'board' accepted me, there would in fact be a fee, which would probably be refunded 100% by my potential employer, AFTER I found my employment.

Upon the question of whether or not I wanted to proceed, I told him I thought not.

This was a complete waste of time, and for anyone easily coerced with a low self esteem, this could not only have been destructive emotionally but also financially.

Stay away from this company. They are a total scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/04/2012 07:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Search-Partners/Dallas-Texas-75240/American-Search-Partners-Complete-waste-of-time-degrading-and-domineering-sales-tactics-878270. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Search Partners