Complaint Review: American Security Safes

• Updated: Wed, May 28, 2014

• Reported By: Freedom — Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
American Security Safes
Fontana California, Select State/Province USA

American Security Safes Lied on the amount of guns you can put into safe Fontana california

*Consumer Comment: Ah, the joys of eBay

Got my safe off of ebay.  I don't blame the seller I blame the company.  I have a stack on safe which holds the number of long guns it stated when I purchased it.  I wanted a fire rated and more secure safe.  Thats why I went with the American Security.  I purchased the 11 long gun safe.  What BS!  I am able to put just 8 long guns in it.  Also forget about puting any pistols on the door or anything thicker than 1".  If you do you will not be able to close the door with the long guns in the first holding slots by the door.  Which of course knocks the 8 long guns down to 6.  The safe does seem very secure and it is heavy.  It just bothers me that this company lies.  My 13 year old Grandson even stated that there is no way you can get 11 long guns in the safe.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2013 10:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Security-Safes/California-Select-StateProvince/American-Security-Safes-Lied-on-the-amount-of-guns-you-can-put-into-safe-Fontana-californ-1074459. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Security Safes

Ah, the joys of eBay

AUTHOR: Lorenzo D. Magnificent - ()

eBay is full of sellers who know nothing about what they are selling.  This seller told you it was model such-and-such and that it would hold 11 long guns.  How would he know?

I buy a lot of specialty stuff on eBay.  I look at far more than what I buy because most sellers are idiots.  Fuzzy, poorly-lit pictures that fail to show important features are just the start. Descriptions that do not match the photos are common. "I got this at an estate sale" is their way of saying I know nothing because I stole it from someone's home last week. I buy only about one out of every fifty items I look at because most sellers don't want to take the time to accurately photograph and describe what they are selling.

The person you bought this safe from is the one who is responsible for ripping you off.