Complaint Review: American Servicing Company

• Updated: Fri, March 28, 2008

• Reported By:algonac Michigan
American Servicing Company
Des Moines, Iowa U.S.A.

American Servicing Company steal, lie, cheat, unhelpful, and go out of there way to hurt home owners. Des Moines Iowa

I have had this ASC since 4-4-07 and never had late charges before the transfer of my mortgage. They hold your checks and tell you it late but the date posted is always a Sunday with banks closed. I was in a bankrupcy in Sept 07 but, was keeping my house. I made all my payments but, ASC cashed my checks but, put funds in a Suspense account and then December 17, 2007 sent a letter saying I had to pay $3,555.63 before 4;00PM on December 31, 2007 to Trott & Trott . I already paid Decembers payment along with the other months and had to come up with this money with such little notice!!!!! How can a company do this? They charged me mystery fees of $1000.00 that do not go to my loan. They call it Legal Fees and Costs. In January I was told by Michelle Art Dept the needed paperwork for my arm adjustment which will be adjusting in March. I send in all the paperwork to lower my arm told by several workers all the paper work is in. I called on March 21, 2007 to find out about the interest rate and was told "You were denied for being difficult" Then received a letter raising my interest rate two point to 10%! I called back and was given to the art dept. and they told my loss mitigation denied me?? The art dept know says they have the paper work and I will hear from them is a couple of months!! (I see a pattern here) I do not understand how a company can get away with this???? I am on unemployment and sent March and Aprils payment in March 1, 08 and had to fight for four weeks to get Aprils payment credited to April they put it in my principal. I wrote on the check March and Aprils Payment with Loan #. I talked to several supervisors and several Customer Service reps told repeadily it would be taken care of and was not until yesterday! Why does a comsumer have to call over and over again to have something taken care of with this Mort. Company. I thought the Goverment was making Mortgage Companys work with home owners?

Michelle
algonac, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2008 07:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Servicing-Company/Des-Moines-Iowa-50306-0388/American-Servicing-Company-steal-lie-cheat-unhelpful-and-go-out-of-there-way-to-hurt-h-321868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Servicing Company