Complaint Review: American Servicing Company

• Submitted: Wed, November 14, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, February 21, 2008

• Reported By:winterville Georgia
American Servicing Company
7495 New Horizon Way Frederick, Maryland U.S.A.

American Servicing Company they lost or stole one of my payments Frederick Maryland

*Consumer Comment: What was the outcome?

*Consumer Comment: But you didn't

*Author of original report: the copies from bank have been sent to americas servicing company they still refuse to listen

*Consumer Comment: What do YOUR records show?

*Author of original report: americas servicing company hides or steals payment and won't listen to reason

*Consumer Comment: And the month in question?

In march of 2004 they aquired the mortgage from an other lender,immeditly after they where sending me late notices.I called them and ask them what are they talking about.their reply was that I didn't send in the march payment.They told me to send them copies of the month in question.So I sent them copies of the month before the month in question and the month after.they said they would investicate this issue.So I waited,and waited.Month or so went by I called back they said they were still working on it.In the mean time my credit is getting destroyed.this is still going on after three years and approx.eight months credit is destroyed.I've tried for what I know is to be everything for all this time to correct this problem with them.I'm trying to refiance but of course credit score is bad.When I call ASC nobody will talk about it they say they will call me back and don't.There is this other mortgage company that is trying to get me refianced their trying to get answers from ASC and can't.We have asked for payment histories,they have yet to reply.I'm at wits end what do I do.

Kevin
winterville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2007 07:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Servicing-Company/Frederick-Maryland-21703/American-Servicing-Company-they-lost-or-stole-one-of-my-payments-Frederick-Maryland-284910. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Servicing Company

What was the outcome?

AUTHOR: Cdahlkvist - (U.S.A.)

"So I sent them copies of the month before the month in question and the month after."

You didn't mention if you sent them the copy of actual month in question. I can only assume you did.

I had a similar experience but ASC was very helpful with it.

ASC purchased my mortgage and the prior mortgage company hadn't shown over 6 months of payments to ASC. ASC sent me letters and called me.

It was a hassle, like you mentioned, getting someone proactive to work on the issue but I persisted and eventually they found the problem and corrected it. They also removed the late reports from my credit.

Mortgages are usually purchased in bulk and therefore, ASC (and any other lender) can only resolve the problem as quickly as the company they purchased the mortgage from is willing to move.

But you didn't

AUTHOR: Bart - (U.S.A.)

"They told me to send them copies of the month in question.So I sent them copies of the month before the month in question and the month after."

As Robert is pointing out and admitted to by yourself above, you did not send in records of the nmonth in question. You sent in month before-month after which proves nothing and is ridiculous. While I don't agree with some of the stuff these companies do, the ball really is in your court and you pretty much can't disprove their accusation.

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

in reply to someone who read this copies have been sent at least five times i'm talking copies from december of 2003 to present they just can't fiqure it out it's quite simple ocwen shows march payment was made but ASC can't see that.or won't.that is complaint.what does it take to get to get this blind company to see.

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

What do YOUR records show?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

The month in question is MARCH, 2004 - they claim you didn't make that payment.

You sent them statements for February and April 2004.

Why don't you simply go to your financial institution and get a copy of your MARCH, 2004 statement? If your statement from your financial institution shows a March payment to Ocwen (or them) then the matter of a "missed payment" is solved and the matter should be resolved very quickly.

Unless the March 2004 actually wasn't paid. Then it would seem you're asking them to prove a negative - prove you didn't make the payment. That's silly.

They claim you didn't make a March 2004 payment and you claim you did - burden of proof is on you. Cleary one party is mistaken, you or they, but this matter can be cleared up with records from your financial institution. Seems to me your letting this thing drag out longer than necessary.

A quick trip to your financial institution and you can have copies of the records for the entire 2004 year! If the March payment was made, the records from your financial institution will show it. If the records don't show it, then you are mistaken and the payment wasn't made. IF the payment wasn't made and it should have been, say with an automatic payment, you'll be right there at your financial institution to ask why it wasn't paid!

Seems to me you're needlessly dragging this out by relying on them to prove something didn't happen.

Why is that?

americas servicing company hides or steals payment and won't listen to reason

AUTHOR: Kevin - (U.S.A.)

still fighting with ASC about there alleged missing payment from march of 2004 i asked them to send me a complete payment history from the begining of the time they had the loan to present day or month which is november 2007 imangine this they sent me a payment history alright but the year of 2004 was missing hmm. i called them and ask where was the 2004 history they said they sent it no i replied asking what are you trying to hide. they now say they will send another one. we will see in the mean time there goes another hit on my credit report another 30 day late. is anybody out there a math wiz lets see ocwen my prevoius mortgage company sold this mortgage in mach of 2004 to ASC, ocwen applied my payment in march, ASC was to apply the next payment to april of 2004 which would make 44 payments to present day of november 2007 they can't seem to figure this out.

And the month in question?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

""reply was that I didn't send in the march payment.They told me to send them copies of the month in question.So I sent them copies of the month before the month in question and the month after.""

And what about the month IN QUESTION, MARCH? Do your financial institution records show a MARCH payment?

This should be easily resolved with a copy of your monthly statement that shows the payment was made. If you no longer have a copy of the statement, you can obtain another copy from your financial institution.

Good luck.