Complaint Review: American Shoppers Clearinghouse, LLC

• Updated: Mon, June 18, 2012

• Reported By: babyseallvr — Adelanto California United States of America
American Shoppers Clearinghouse, LLC
1503 Main Street, #296 Grandview, Missouri United States of America

American Shoppers Clearinghouse, LLC - JUST ANOTHER SENIOR SCAM!! Grandview, Missouri

I am writing for all of you who have elderly parents that have a sickness and weakness for all these sweepstakes scams.   My mother is practically the poster child for these scams.  These people call her all day and all night from all countries including USA.  My father died this last month and in going through the papers, I found endless stacks of all these sweepstakes offers asking for $5 or $10 here and sometimes up to several hundred dollars that my mother blindly sends to these criminals.   Many times she has given her social security number, credit card numbers, and personal bank info to anyone who calls.    Our family would get into many loud fights with her and have tried to cut her off, but to no avail.   We have even had the FBI and the Police come to her house to tell her of these scams, but she still continues.

This one specifically, American Shoppers - the latest one I found (she gets sometimes two to four of these per week from the same company!!!) said she won a fabulous 3 carat ASC certified diamond.  All she has to send is $19.95.   Well of course she would put in CASH in the envelope and quickly mail it off.    And as expected -- NO DIAMOND or ANYTHING ELSE for that matter!!!!

Tried to call their number on the back of the letter and it puts me in a continual loop with no chance of reaching a real person.   I am attempting to mail letters to all of these scammers to try to remove my Mother's name from their mailing lists, but I am sure I am wasting my time, because why would these criminals give up on such a sure thing as the endless bank account of my giving Mom!!??

I hope you have better luck with protecting your loved ones, than I have been having.  But no matter what, I will keep on fighting the battle.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/18/2012 05:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Shoppers-Clearinghouse-LLC/Grandview-Missouri-64030/American-Shoppers-Clearinghouse-LLC-JUST-ANOTHER-SENIOR-SCAM-Grandview-Missouri-899392. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Shoppers Clearinghouse, LLC