Complaint Review: American Sound Systems

• Submitted: Mon, September 13, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, September 17, 2004

• Reported By:Schaumburg Illinois
American Sound Systems
http://www.trtheaterresearch.com/ Elk Grove, Illinois U.S.A.

American Sound Systems 2 white guys dodge ram 1500 stereo speakers ripoff theater research Elk Grove Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: You can't cheat an honest man...

*Author of original report: ID - fingerprints

I was just ripped off by 2 white guys in a van outside of the 7-eleven at Nerge Road and Meacham Road. They approached me with these "awesome" Theater Research TR-502 apeakers that retailed for $2999.99.

They showed me a copy of an invoice that said that there were "marked as paid". The one person Rob said that the last time that this happened he returned the speakers and that his boss just took them home. He said that he wanted "anything fair" for them, because it was better than nothing that he would get if he brought them back.

I ended up paying him $300 for these speakers (I went inside and used the 7-eleven ATM). I went home and was trying to research the speakers, but all I got were links to scam sites like this. Any help in finding a phone number/address of these people would be appreciated.

All I have is thaat it was a Dodge Ram 1500 and that the person I spoke with, Rob, is a young, scrawny, white male. I didn't get a good look at the vehicle's driver.

I saw on another post that someone else in Schaumburg got their license plate, which is 53515C.

Schaumburg, Illinois

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info, salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2004 10:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Sound-Systems/Elk-Grove-Illinois/American-Sound-Systems-2-white-guys-dodge-ram-1500-stereo-speakers-ripoff-theater-research-108258. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Sound Systems

#1 Consumer Suggestion

You can't cheat an honest man...

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Alex, let's face it. You knew that that somebody was getting ripped off in this transaction; you just didn't know that it was you!

If the speakers were really worth $3000, why would any legitimate business let you have them for $300? You'll get no sympathy from me.

Having said that, I still have objections to slimeballs like the speaker guys taking advantage of the ignorance and greed of others, so I'm going to help you out here. Here's the address of this "business." Maybe you can pay them a visit before they skip out on the rent and set up shop in the next suburb over:

SCHAUMBURG, IL 60193-4472
TEL: 847-534-0420

ID - fingerprints

AUTHOR: Alex - (U.S.A.)

I forgot to add that I have the box with this guy's fingerprints all over it. I don't know if anyone is in my situation or not, but maybe this could help someone?