Complaint Review: American Standard Financial

• Submitted: Tue, August 14, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, August 14, 2007

• Reported By:covington Georgia
American Standard Financial
americanstandardfinancial.com Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

American Standard Financial harassing phone calls offering $4,500 "government grant" Ripoff Philadelphia Pennsylvania

I received a phone call today from a woman claiming to be Tasha Smith with American Standard Financial. She was very hard to understand because she spoke with a foreign accent. After having her to repeat herself many times I finally understood that she was trying to sell me a $4,500 grant that she promised was from the government and that I would never have to pay it back. I said sell me the grant because she told me that there was a $359 application fee.

She wanted the name of my bank and my account number. I told her that she was crazy. I said that I had never heard of her company, that I didn't know who she was, I had never applied for a grant, and that there was no way I was giving her my account number. She proceeded to put another woman on the phone who said that this wasn't a joke and that they wanted to give me the grant.

I asked them to send me the info in the mail and I'd look over it. If I was interested then I would get back in touch with them. She said when I paid the $359 then she would send me the info. I told her she was crazy. I said no and that I refuse to give her that kind of money. Then I hung up. They continued to call me several times over the next hour. I ignored them.

R savage
covington, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2007 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Standard-Financial/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania/American-Standard-Financial-harassing-phone-calls-offering-4500-government-grant-Ripof-267468. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Standard Financial