Complaint Review: American Standard Online

• Submitted: Mon, December 12, 2011
  • Updated: Tue, December 13, 2011

• Reported By: Heather K.T. — Woodhaven Michigan United States of America
American Standard Online

American Standard Online Susan Quinn took my money, that I don't have, claiming to help me move into a foreclosed home with a rent to buy option Internet

*Consumer Comment: robbed

*Consumer Comment: Indeed

*Consumer Comment: The funniest thing...

*Consumer Comment: Wrong, you were not the target of my attack

*Author of original report: Okay....

*Consumer Comment: Obviously you never took the time to read the report stupid

*Author of original report: Definitely not proud for falling for this....

*Consumer Comment: ROFL

*Consumer Comment: Same scam another year

American Standard Online is yet another Craig's list scam.  I am always very aware of these types of crooks that are out there, but these people take it to another level.

We originally got a phone number of a man who called himself Jim Bell (which was a 310 area code, I believe to be California) who promised that with a 199.00 one-time payment, we would have access to a list of homes in my area that are going into pre-foreclosure.  He said the owners of these homes are willing to let us take over their monthly mortgage payments, and after 2 years of solid payment history to the bank, the bank will deed the house over to us.  They promised a 100% refund if we were not satisfied.  I've always believed that if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.  Well this was the case.

I researched the houses that they provided for us, and half of them were still owner occupied, not going into pre-foreclosure, and the other half were just bank owned homes that any regular person could look up and find information about.  There is nothing special about this so called "list" they say costs $199.00 to look at.  When we contacted customer service to try and get a refund, they claimed that they record all phone calls, and they would look into our previous recorded conversations, and if there was viable evidence that we were not provided correct information we would get a refund.  When we contacted Jim Bell asking for more information, he became very rude and hung up on us.  Customer service told us we had to wait 90 days for a refund, but I know that banks cannot investigate fraudulent charges that are over 90 days old.  I have contacted my bank, and they are looking into the matter, but they didn't make any promises either.  I live in Michigan, a state where the economy has hit the hardest, and I cannot afford to just throw money away.  These people took complete advantage of us.  All we were trying to do is try and find a nice place for our family to live and grow.   I have lost all trust as a consumer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2011 02:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Standard-Online/internet/American-Standard-Online-Susan-Quinn-took-my-money-that-I-dont-have-claiming-to-help-me-808301. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Standard Online

robbed

AUTHOR: veronica - ()

I was also robbed by this cimpany. No pictures of the houses and people are living in them, and current on their mortgage. I have made complaints to the FTC, BBB, and my bank is also looking in to it. Something needs to be done. My email is iannucci420@yahoo.com lets take a stand and make them pay us. We can protest or something. I will not stop until I get my money. The straight up rob people and its illegal. If I went and took  199 dollars worth of food  from the market id go to jail, how is this any different?.

Indeed

AUTHOR: Diogenes - (USA)

Voice, you hit the nail on the head.  Two airheads that can't even get their rebuttals straight.  Geezzzz.

The funniest thing...

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Is that both the OP Heather and Olive from Milwaukee are biting off the wrong heads for the wrong reasons!

Olive, coast wasn't aiming his rebuttal at YOU. He was responding to the OPs situation.
Heather, Olive was angry with coast, not YOU.

Lord almighty, it's easy to see why the both of you were duped into buying those lists.

Wrong, you were not the target of my attack

AUTHOR: Olive - (USA)

I attacked Mr. Laugher who insulted both of us. Not you! I said I fell for the first scam with the foreclosure listings. I wanted to warn you to not fall into what I fell into after that.

I tried to explain, I then entered into a land contract deal with a company. That deal was to buy the home from this company after 2 years. During the two years, we were to clean our credit and save a down payment.

I would start paying the mortgage, taxes, and be responsible for the home. After two years, I would get a traditional bank loan and buy off the home from the company, minus what I paid the 1st two years to this owner.

In my case that's what we did, we cleaned our credit up and saved extra money.The two years ended and that's when we found out, this company was in forclosure with the bank on this home, and while we were paying them the mortgage, they never forwarded it to the bank.

No one could purchase this home at the two year point.

I then had Housing Resources step in and we were given a settlement and moving costs from this company. It was a blatant scam, and they had to pay up.

I wanted you to know this because these rent to own scams are all over the place, and they sucker people into being renters but paying for everything and getting nothing.

CHECK THESE COMPANIES OUT and get a ATTORNEY First.

I called the drive by insulter the red neck, because he had no idea what I was saying. And by the way, I have found foreclosures for $13,000 and up for free listings on the net, so owning a foreclosure after two years, really is not that unbelievable.

Okay....

AUTHOR: Heather K.T. - (United States of America)

Alright guy, now you're getting personal....

Stay in the middle of nowhere Milwaukee and mind your own d**n business, no one asked for your opinion you stupid, disrespectful, uneducated moron.

I hope you're on this website because someone ripped you off really, really bad.  I hope someone took all of your money, I fought with my bank and the stupid company that did this to me and received a full refund.  I hope you weren't as lucky.  A**hole.

Obviously you never took the time to read the report stupid

AUTHOR: Olive - (USA)

When you have no idea what you are talking about, the best thing to do is shut your stupid mouth.

Where did I say I thought I would own a home after 24 payments?

Derr................you sound like a typical challenged redneck thats been inbred one to many times....lol..

Definitely not proud for falling for this....

AUTHOR: Heather K.T. - (United States of America)

I admit, it is somewhat laughable.  But to us, it's not that funny.  We are in the same position as the other consumer that commented.  We both had full time jobs (I am working part time, he is laid off and collecting little unemployment, so our savings is disappearing) we have 2 kids, aren't in the correct income bracket to buy a house and our credit isn't perfect, and an apartment is not an option.  Most of why I'm so mad is because, yes, I fell for it.  But with so many foreclosures, short sales and rent-to-buy options around the Detroit area, I thought it might work.  It is quite common for people to flip houses in this area, and it is quite common to be in the same situation my family and I are in.  So yeah, the company is laughing at my family and I right now so hard that "their sides hurt".  So funny.

ROFL

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

You actually thought that you would own a home with only 24 payments. I'm laughing so hard my sides hurt.

Same scam another year

I fell for this scam in 2008, but I paid $249

They in return sent me a list of 15 APARTMENTS, that were in the most dangerous neighborhoods.

None of them were rent to own and the rent was more then a mortgage for this dump apartment in the hood.

As soon as you talk about a refund, they are gone. Never to hear from them again.

They also advertise in the classifieds of local papers under real estate and or rentals.

Sorry this happened to you to.

While on this subject, just want to warn you of these rent to owns and land contracts.

I then went on to a rent to own deal, and it turned out that I paid the mortgage, property taxes, repairs, yard work, and never had a chance of purchasing the home since it was in foreclosure.

If you ever want to enter into one of these deals, please have a local non profit organization review the land contract before you sign and get a appraisal for the home before a sale price is mentioned.

I went through Housing Resources in Milwaukee, 100% free and non profit.

I know this is a hard time, like us we had to move out, had 4 kids and two dogs and a apartment was not a option and we did not qualify for a home loan at the time,just use extreme caution in the future.

Good luck and God Bless.