Complaint Review: American Standard Online

• Updated: Mon, October 11, 2010

• Reported By: Ape — Fredericksburg Virginia USA
American Standard Online
www.americanstandardonline.com Internet United States of America

American Standard Online This company made me believe that this program worked so well, I put my last $200 in it and went and looked at over 20 homes thinking my family could move in before our lease was up August 1st. Internet

*Consumer Comment: spoke with william today

*General Comment: Response to Complaint

My family and I were looking for a new home. KNowing that we probably didnt have the credit to buy a home. and I came across American Standard pre-forclosures and looked up pre-forclosures online and saw good things about them.

I called them to make sure it wasnt a scam.

The guy on the phone sounded legit and the deal was that I would have to look on their website for properties in my area. Then go and look at the houses to make sure it is what I wanted. then I would set up an appt to go and look at the house with the homeowner.

and We would basically take over their foreclosing mortgage for what ever is owed.

That it doesnt take long once I pick one out, and I would be better off investing my money in them, rather then wasting it on a rent payment.

I believed him and gave him my last $200 in the bank. The bad thing was my husband came home the same day and was laid off from a $500 a week job!!

When I looked at several houses off of their website, I called them back to tell them.

The man told to go on their website and print out a letter and send them to each homeowner, and when I get a response, to contact them again.

That's when I knew it was BS!

I asked for my 100% guarenteed refund, and the man told me I had to wait 90 days.

CAlled back in 90 days and the phone number was magically disconnected! and the website was gone too!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/29/2009 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Standard-Online/internet/American-Standard-Online-This-company-made-me-believe-that-this-program-worked-so-well-I-501558. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Standard Online

spoke with william today

AUTHOR: Jocko - (U.S.A.)

I like many live in a apartment and would love to own a home and the game American Standard talks about is a great game for sure. I saw a fantastic house being advertised in Gulfport Mississippi and the rent tp own was only 850 a month with zero down and take over the payments of this house. Being too good to be true I called the 800 number and spoke with a William and he started with the title research and how they have thousands of houses to offer all over the US. I explained to him a few times I don't care about houses all over the US; I wanted to look at the house in Gulfport and what was the address. He refused to give a address and continued with his speech. I continued to ask what the catch was and there is no catch according to him just a one time 199.00 processing fee. He asured me this fee is 100% refundable after 90 days. I kept asking about the program and all he was able to do is either rehash the same speech or state he had no information and this was information customer service would have. I asked for customer service and I was told not without the 199.00 fee paid. So I did a google search on the company while he was on the phone with me and asked about the pages and pages of complaints against his company and its fee based program; his reply is every company has complaints against it and if I wasn't going to pay the 199.00 he was going to hang up. I told him good bye.

So this is how the program works after a few hours of searching on the net. They (American Standard) will provide you with a list of homes in or near foreclosure. It is up to you to contact the owner to see if they are willing to leave their home vs a bad report on their credit report. American Standard provides its members generic documents to help with the the legal matters although they do state they are not attorneys and you need to consult one prior to getting involved in this type of transaction.

I feel great I saved myself 199.00 and also flagged and removed the scam ad on craigs list. With all the complaints listed against this company and its sister company and the owner of the company its a huge red flag and I suggest that if your looking to rent to own a home do not use this company.

#2 General Comment

Response to Complaint

AUTHOR: Debbie - (United States of America)

As a representative of American Standard Brands, the iconic plumbing manufacturer, we want to confirm we have no affiliation to the company using the domain name American Standardonline.com and/or the real estate services mentioned in this complaint post.   American Standard Brands is proud of its unmatched legacy of quality and innovation in bath and kitchen plumbing products that has lasted for more than 140 years.