Complaint Review: American Steel Choppers

• Updated: Wed, January 09, 2013

• Reported By: Sam Sorrell — Clearfield Kentucky United States of America
American Steel Choppers
1042 3rd Ave S Nashville, Tennessee United States of America

American Steel Choppers Mike Lewis, Mike Leffingwell Mike hired me to design bikes and electronic media, 3 months no payroll lies and Scam Caught him up in it and confronted him and he tucked tail and ran Nashville, Tennessee

*General Comment: Led me on

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Get a hold of me if I can help.

*General Comment: new details on lyingwell

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: WOW... In Jail? Good!!

*General Comment: In jail as of nov 27th 2012

*Author of original report: Jason Gordan?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Me also

My name is Sam Sorrell. I am a designer in Morehead, Kentucky. I was approached by Mike, who at the time claimed to be Mike Lewis not Leffingwell. I later found evidence to the contrary later on but that was after he hired me on to handle advertising and bike designs. I worked for him for 3 months and it was always another story why I was not getting paid. I worked for 3 months and was never paid a dime. I was given false Western Union numbers, was promised Certified Checks in the mail but he provided false tracking numbers. This Guy is a true piece of filth. After I collected evidence he threatened me with slander lawsuits if I reported him to any government agencies. Well no lawyer has contacted me yet. I'm not hiding, I have nothing to fear from the law, I'm a tax paying law abiding citizen, unlike this guy. Stay way he burned me, he will burn you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2012 02:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Steel-Choppers/Nashville-Tennessee-37210/American-Steel-Choppers-Mike-Lewis-Mike-Leffingwell-Mike-hired-me-to-design-bikes-and-ele-966518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Steel Choppers

#1 General Comment

Led me on

AUTHOR: High Strength V-twin - (United States of America)

Mike contacted me last spring after seeing a bobber I built that was featured in East Coast Biker. He proposed that I build bobbers and he would sell them. I spent many hours planning the bike and leased additional area in the building I rent to accomodate a motorcycle production line that he said was required to have bikes built and ready for spring.  I also got him hooked up with my vendors to supply parts. After getting him an order of the parts I needed to get started.  He jerked me and my vendors around for months with one excuse after another as to when payment for parts would be remitted. It soon became apparent to me and my vendors that he was blowing smoke. I continued to take his calls just to see what would happen next. He kept calling and promising parts were on the way. I knew they weren't, like I said they were my vendors. Just got an email from one of the vendors, he sent an email to Mike, and someone anonymously responded with,

"Please quit sending emails mike and Doug are in jail and there is no company and never was".

The last time Mike contacted me was 10-16-12 when he insisted 3 complete drive trains were on the way. Obviously another lie.......

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Get a hold of me if I can help.

AUTHOR: Jaygo - (United States of America)

I am Jason Gordon and yes my email is jasongordon251@gmail.com.  Like I said I worked for Mike for a couple of months with no pay.  Any information that I can provide to help put him away I will gladly give.  His lies are finally catching up to him.  Let me know.

#3 General Comment

new details on lyingwell

AUTHOR: screwed over - (United States of America)

not jason gordon but do know his email jasongordon251@gmail.com. Mike has scammed everyone around including his friends and family. This man cannot tell the truth. He was in court this morning in cabell county wv, but no word on if he got charged. I personally called the courthouse and all they would tell me is that he was going to stay in jail in wv until missouri comes to extradite him. His partner douglas kinsey is also in jail for 5 years in kentucky for something mike did. Mike purchased a truck with dougs check and then called to have check cancelled. Mike then forged his name on title. Its a shame doug is sitting in jail over Mikes stolen truck, which has been turned back over to the carlot . So hopefully something will eventually come back on the truck and he will get prosecuted for the crime he committed, and hopefully doug will be released. Michael lewis leffingwell...... Michael Michael Motorcycle....Mike Lewis...mlproracer@gmail.com.......americansteelchoppers..........proracer3 are all aliases he goes by if that any help to anyone.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

WOW... In Jail? Good!!

AUTHOR: Jaygo - (United States of America)

Curious to know how you found out he was in jail? Within the last week his Facebook page had been deleted so I knew something was going on.  Maybe he is getting what he deserves.

#5 General Comment

In jail as of nov 27th 2012

AUTHOR: Carl81 - (United States of America)

Mike is currently in jail for felony count in cabell county, wv. (Western regional jail).. More info can be found at theheralddispatch.com

Jason Gordan?

AUTHOR: Sam - (United States of America)

Are you Jason Gordan, we have been looking for you another worker and myself are collecting evidence in a class action suit.

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Me also

AUTHOR: Jaygo - (United States of America)

Mike Lewis hired me back in June or July to be his Sales Manager.  Worked for him for 60 Days and did not see a dime.  Have had many excuses why not, but no money.  He has recently disconnected his phone.