• Report: #201724

• Submitted: Tue, July 18, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 21, 2007

• Reported By:alpharetta Georgia
American Supply - Howard Leventhal
1 Edgewood Drive Ash Fork, Arizona U.S.A.

American Supply - Howard Leventhal ripoff, business plan is a joke Ash Fork Arizona

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: i work very hard

*Author of original report: DONT DO IT

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: lazy

I wish I would have checked into this a little more before sending 250 dollars for a distributorship "package". This is directly from his website "Direct factory hook-up, drop-shipping service, monthly comm. checks, full support". I ordered the package tohelp me make my decision. Boy, Did it ever.

I received my "package", it was a standard size letter envelope. I figured this must be the lead in to the "package" that I should receive... I was wrong. This is the whole thing. 5 pages. 4 pages of prices of towels and stuff with very little details. 1 page of how to run this business - right! It contained type errors and pretty much told you go hire others to sell towels and charge them money to work for you.

I emailed Howard expressing my concern. He told me to "not judge a book by it's cover" and to "stop looking for the bad or negative and follow the business plan and go make money its that simple". If there was a business plan in anything I received I must have overlooked it.

I have filed a dispute with Paypal to see if I can get a refund. That should have thrown up a huge red flag. At least he only has me for 250 and not more like some others on here.

Terry
alpharetta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/18/2006 02:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Supply-Howard-Leventhal/Ash-Fork-Arizona-86320/American-Supply-Howard-Leventhal-ripoff-business-plan-is-a-joke-Ash-Fork-Arizona-201724. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Supply - Howard Leventhal

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

i work very hard

AUTHOR: Howard - (U.S.A.)

if this person would of gotten a sample kit and gone into the field, or ordered some postcard brochures and sent them out then they would of gotten some orders, how can someone judge a business from doing nothing, why does rip off report let these complaints on, i have been in this industry and can show sites from people who have been with me for years. if you think the towel and scrub business is a rip off, then my hard work for 30 years my 4 stores i have owned are all imaginary, letting people say false and slanted statements should not be allowed,

i can produce very succesfull people that started with me that now do a lot of business and continue to grow, . i really get tired of waisting time on very lazy people, go kick some car tires, but if you want to get into this business i am the only one that has the experience and proven systems that work, and anyone that calls me learns the truth real fast, i did not invent the towel or scrub business, these are neccesity items and anyone should see, that, thanks howard

DONT DO IT

AUTHOR: Terry - (U.S.A.)

This has nothing to do with the towel mills or America. This has to do with a ripoff. The mills did not ask for money to get a piece of paper. He has my money. 250 bucks that I will not get back. The only way he shows you for this to work is to buy more stuff from him....several hundered dollars worth of stuff. Or charge other people to sell for you. It's a shame that 30 years of business can be sumed up in one page that isn't worth the paper it's printed on. So, I'm glad I'm lazy... too lazy to get my checkbook out to give any more money to this crook.

I think he sums things up perfectly in his rebuttal, How could any real business person feel that they are being ripped off by the comsumer when he is 250 dollars richer and the comsumer has a crap piece of paper.

I complained to the BBB and of course that did nothing. I'm through with this whole thing.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

lazy

AUTHOR: Howard - (U.S.A.)

everything is listed in my web site, this person has done nothing, and passing judgment on the beginings of a business, that i have been in for over 30 years, and rep the biggest mills, so if they are complaining then its against, dundee, cannon, martex, burlington, west point pepperel, and the other great mills in america, i have a proven marketing system, which this peron never did anything, so how can i respond to someone waisting my time, they did not have to purchase anything, now they have a complete business plan which took me 30 years to perfect, so they ripped me off. howard leventhal