Complaint Review: American Sweepstakes Council - First United Sweepstakes - Brad Johnson

• Submitted: Sat, February 23, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, February 23, 2008

• Reported By:Clinton Twp. Michigan
American Sweepstakes Council - First United Sweepstakes - Brad Johnson
120 East 23rd, Federal Building #5 New York, New York U.S.A.

American Sweepstakes Council - First United Sweepstakes - Brad Johnson You won $450,000! Just send in $4500 to release. New York New York

My mother in law received a form stating she had won 450,000 to 1,000,000 and all she had to do was send in $20. So she did just to see what would happen if anything.

A few months later a gentlemen named Brad Johnson of the First United Sweepstakes calls and says "You Won!". You won 450,000! My Mother In Law was excited. How do I claim it are you going to mail it?

There a fee of 1% of the winnings. No taxes are due on this winning so the small fee is well worth it. My mother in law said there was no way she could pay 4500 that she only received social securtly. No problem responed Mr Johnson, the Federal goverment will send us a 3000 grant on your behalf and all you need to send is 1500. She requested that she speak with me first and she would call back.

I called him back and asked how come we have to pay. I lied and said I knew a winner of Publisher Clearing House and they didn't have to pay a dine to receive their winnings. His response was that the money was kept in forgien banks London. That we had to pay them to release money.

I told them I was going to check them out that it sounds like a scam. He said he had to know by Monday because they had the check for 6 weeks already. I told him one more week should not matter and if in fact he had the check why wasn't he sending it! He told me that was a figure of speech and it was the bank that was holding it. I told him then it was there fault that it them so long and that 1 more should not matter. He agreed and walk out of the room, my mother in law still on the phone.

She was going to apoligies for how upset I became and Mr. Johnosn said don't worry call me Monday when she it not their and we will work out the details.

Thank God my mother in law did not call back. I show her the internet complaints and my three sister in laws all advised her of the same.

Renee
Clinton Twp., Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2008 08:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Sweepstakes-Council-First-United-Sweepstakes-Brad-Johnson/New-York-New-York-10010/American-Sweepstakes-Council-First-United-Sweepstakes-Brad-Johnson-You-won-450000-311475. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Sweepstakes Council - First United Sweepstakes - Brad Johnson