Complaint Review: American Sweepstakes Publishers

• Submitted: Fri, November 09, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, July 21, 2011

• Reported By:Mississauga Ontario
American Sweepstakes Publishers
P.O Box 29171 Shawnee Mission, Kansas U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

American Sweepstakes PublishersAmerican Sweepstakes Publishers they send scam mail to homes about winning of a big prize and ask to send them $20Can cheque for processing Shawnee Mission Kansas

*Consumer Suggestion: Pitch It In The Trash!!!

*Author of original report: I still continue to receive the letters from this company

American Sweepstakes Publishers - who they are? What do they publish? - scam and then... they take your money... If everybody sends 15-20 dollars, they get a lot by the end... I see this company exists for years, they send the same letters about winning of big money and they ask to send them a cheque for 20 $ Can (or 15$ USA) . They write that I'm the indentified Candidate for $ 254, 204.00 (in total) - ... something about processing: for making some kind of only deal with (American Clearing Publishers ) - and they told they don't have any company above them to control their Sweepstakes or to make any kind of research for winners, also they never ask to send them any money for any prize at all. Also, if it's a big prize (more than $10,000), a real company sends a representative to your home.

I wonder how many people are caught on such letters because I see this company exists from long ago (I see a report from 2004), just a lot of people think that it's not a lot of money for the chance, so they send money instead of reporting this fake company... also the company hurries people up with response (to answer during only 5 days - they, of course, do not want people to think). Some people hope even if they don't really believe, but a lot of old, may be mentally impaired people or just naive people can send their money again and again... Some just ignore and throw it away, but do not report...
I would like everybody who gets such letter to report it to a fraud investigation (www fraud.com)- they should do something with those who gets money through fake letters mailing to people's homes. Somebody makes money on sick or naive people...

Julia
Mississauga, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/09/2007 03:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Sweepstakes-Publishers/Shawnee-Mission-Kansas-66201-9171/American-Sweepstakes-PublishersAmerican-Sweepstakes-Publishers-they-send-scam-mail-to-home-283944. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Sweepstakes Publishers

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Pitch It In The Trash!!!

AUTHOR: Knodweell - (U.S.A.)

How to avoid this is quite simple, keep Throwing the Notices in the Trash!  If it sounds way too good to be true chances are it is! I have been unemployed for two years now and I kept geting these notices, they did not even get opened all I do is rip them up and pitch them in the trash.  I got a phone call this morning 7/21/2011 from a man named Jack Barnett who was suppost to have been calling from the Federal Treasury Department of the Federal Bureau of Consumers.  He told me that American Sweepstakes had sent me 3 notices about my winnings of $450,000 and it was about to expire.  Left me with instructions that it was costing me no money out of pocket at all but, I had to call the New Jersey Prudential Insurance office and ask for a Russell Bennett.  Mr. Bennett would have to reissue me an "tempoary insurance bond" in order to collect my winnings of the $450,000.  I was to get the number of the insurance bond and recall Mr. Barnett with the information in order for my winnings to be released, and they would be sent to me by way of a "special stamped envelope".  I could smell a rat from far away on this one so I ask Mr. Bennett if the bond would cost me anything out of pocket his reply was an even bigger rat than I had imagined it to be.  "Why yes the renewal of the insurance bond will be $4,500.00."  Wow!!! All I had to do is draw out $4,500 from my bank account(which was not in there) and fork it over to Mr. Bennett who would give the magic number to claim my prize from Jack Barnett with the Federal Treasury Department.  Then I would be out the $4,500 with no winnings and they both would have succeded in their scam!!!   Sorry no dummy here boys better luck with someone else.  Kathy Nodwell Shawnee, Kansas

AUTHOR: Julia - (Canada)

I still continue to receive the letters from this company (which a little bit changes its name , but the same address)where they are trying to convince me that I won big amount of money ($ 254,204.00 - last letter) ans have to send them $20 Can cheque for some research they should do... What a stupid explanation... And I "win" money in this company regurarly... Interesting that they don't stop bombing me with their lettes even though I never answered... And where did they take my address? I'm going to send their letters and letters of other similar company to legal service in their cities. I'm tired of this scam in my mail-box.