Avenue

• Updated: Fri, October 25, 2013

• Reported By: Geoff — Deerfield Beach Florida
American Travel Partners
9466 Seminole Blvd. Seminole, Florida USA

American Travel Partners and Spirit Incentives BEWARE OF AMERICAN TRAVEL PARTNERS TLELMARKETERS' ORAL PROMISES! Seminole Florida

Last weekend my wife and I attended the Channel 6 Health Expo in Ft.Lauderdale and entered our names in a drawing for a 4 days cruise. A day or so later we were notified by phone that we were the winners. The representative on the phone, Glenda Carter, said we had won our choice of a 4 night Caribbean cruise, a Flyaway Vacation consisting of 2 free airline tickets to anywhere in the US, and an 8 Days/7 Nights Condominium Stay for up to 4 people in the US, Canada, Mexico, Hawaii or Nassau, Bahamas.

I asked her to send me an e-mail confirming these gifts. She said that the e-mail confirmation would not contain the 8days/7nights condo stay because it was a brand new prize, but we should be assured that we would in fact receive that gift. Later that day when we received her e-mail confirmation, it contained the first two gifts, but the third gift was a 3Days/2Nights Hotel Stay in the US. Although the sales representative said she represented RNG Travel, when I telephoned the number she provided the next day, it was in fact American Travel Partners/Spirit Incentives. I spoke with Aric Celeste, the operations manager there, and told him the situation. He said that the 8 Days/7 Nights condo stay was an obsolete prize that they no longer offer, not a brand new prize! I told him that he obviously has an employee training problem and asked him to rein in his telemarketer.

The moral of the story is: Beware of oral promises by telemarketing salespeople, as they will say anything to achieve their quotas of presentation appointments. Be sure to get it in writing before attending a presentation!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2013 09:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Travel-Partners/Seminole-Florida-33771-2516/American-Travel-Partners-and-Spirit-Incentives-BEWARE-OF-AMERICAN-TRAVEL-PARTNERS-TLELMAR-1092585. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Travel Partners