- Report: #1059304
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: American Travel Service
American Travel Service2000 Portland Ave Minneapolis , Minnesota USA
American Travel Service Double charging customers and refusing to help or even look at the proof Minneapolis Minnesota
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
I used their taxi service on May 25th for a taxi from Minneapolis Airport to Eden Prairie MM. My credit card was charged $70.40 twice for the trip.
- I began calling their main telephone number on May 27th.
- I left multiple messages but after 5 days I had not received a call back.
- On May 31st I finally spoke to someone in the office. [continued below]....
- I was able to get a hold of the of him on Sunday June 9th when he told me he needed to verify the expiration date on the credit card. I gave him the information and he said he would call me back.
- I began leaving messages again on June 12th.
- On Friday June 14th I reached the office person and he gave me the cellphone number of the owner of the company.
- I called Muhammed Abdi and explained my position and I was told that I "must have taken two taxis" I explained that I only took one taxi and that the charges came through within seconds of each other.
- I told Mr Abdi that I had the bank on the other line and that I was going to merge the calls into a three-way conference call. Mr. Abdi said that he didn't want to talk to them and he hung up on me.
- I sent a text message to him stating if he did not help me fix this then I would file multiple complaints with the appropriate agencies/websites.
- He called me back and told me that he had spoken to Merchant Card Services and that they claim there was only one transaction.
- I asked for an email address so that I can send the proof of 2 transactions to him. He refused to give the email address and stated that he did not want to see the proof.
- I asked for the number to his merchant card service processor, since he claims they say that there was only one transaction, and he refused.
The company has debited my card $70.40 twice ($140.80) for one 17 mile taxi ride.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/14/2013 07:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Travel-Service/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55404/American-Travel-Service-Double-charging-customers-and-refusing-to-help-or-even-look-at-t-1059304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.