Complaint Review: American Truck Group

• Updated: Wed, October 24, 2012

• Reported By: Wyatt Trucking, LLC. — Dania Beach Florida USA
American Truck Group
9140 Canal Rd Gulfport, Mississippi United States of America

American Truck Group United Truck Group uses deceit and threats to take advantage of customers Gulfport, Mississippi

When I signed a rent-to-own agreement with United Truck Group AKA American Truck Group (ATG), for a semi on Aug 24th, the sales manager signed an additional agreement promising to fix the cause of a strong vibration.  This agreement came about because after a week of trying, ATG was unable to discover the cause of the issue.

I took the truck to an authorized Cummins mechanic shop (the engine is made by Cummins) and received a diagnosis and estimate.  This is the shorten version, but in a nutshell ATG was slow to respond as to whether or not they would approve the repairs, then refused to have them carried out at a mechanic shop other than their own, and later refused to do even that without covering the cost as previously agreed.  Waiting on them to respond cost me three weeks of missed work.  After we had a lawyer write them a letter, they agreed to fix the issues at their shop and cover the costs.

They had the truck for a week.  They did not respond to my calls to find out the status of the truck so I went there physically.  I was taken back to the shop by a manager. There a mechanic told me that out of four major repairs outlined by Cummins, he only intended to perform one because he felt that the other three issues were nonexistent.  He also claimed that it didn't even have a particular part that Cummins and International mechanics have emphatically told me it does have.

When I pointed out the discrepancies, he became very hostile, started cursing and tried to attack me.  It was other ATG employees who physically restrained him.  They offered me no apology after the event and were completely unsympathetic.  The police are calling this an assault by threat.

ATG finally gave me the truck back with only one of Cummins recommended repair completed.  It has been over a week and they have not responded as to whether they intend to honor the agreement and fix the truck (Date of account is 10-24-12).  ATG has shown themselves to be unprofessional, untrustworthy, condoning violence and deceit.

I invite lawyers and the media to contact me.  I have ample documentation to backup my complaint.  I also have a detailed log of my contacts with them as I have been recording it all.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2012 01:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Truck-Group/Gulfport-Mississippi-39503/American-Truck-Group-United-Truck-Group-uses-deceit-and-threats-to-take-advantage-of-custo-959502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Truck Group