Complaint Review: American Van Lines - All Distance Moving

• Submitted: Tue, April 07, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, September 30, 2011

• Reported By:Woolwich Twp New Jersey
American Van Lines - All Distance Moving
10960 Millridge N.,Ste 216 Houston, Texas U.S.A.

American Van Lines - All Distance Moving & Storage Broken Stolen Items Houston Texas

*Consumer Comment: ****** AVL = All Virtual Lies! *******

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: AVL Customer Relationship Manager

Our Move From Houston to New Jersey----After the Sale of our home- American Van Lines contacted us via phone. We did not have a moving company so my Husband asked for a quote. I didn't want to go with American Van Lines since they contact us. I thought they were shady. But my husband found them on the internet and said they were a legitimate company. They quoted a price and then told us we had to pay extra if we wanted them to pack our delicate items. I paid the extra since my items were valuable. After I agreed to pay extra they called to ask if we needed extra insurance. Being a trusting person I didn't think we needed extra insurance. What they didn't tell us was that they subcontrated All Distance Moving & Storage,LLC to do the actual move. For pick up they arrived a little late. The promised delivery date came and went without any communication from either company. I called American Van Lines right after the delivery date was missed. The person I spoke to told me not to worry I would receive a phone call 24 hours before they deliver our possessions.

Well that never happened they called my home 1 hour before they arrived to make the delivery. One hour really would not have mattered but they were making the delivery on a Saturday after noon around 2:00PM. When they arrived they wanted $2500 cash or cashiers check my bank closed at 11:30 AM My daughter had to go to her bank to get a cashiers check since her bank was opened until 3:00PM. I was not aware that the final payment was due in cash or cashiers check since they had my credit card to charge. American Van Lines charged their part of the deal and All Distance Moving & Storage wanted cash or cashiers check. I guess because they knew how bad they were. I had almost One thousand dollars in missing items not to mention they damaged my new China Cabinet and broke lamps, china and crystal. The broken items I had to pay extra for the movers to pack. I paid the extra so it was packed correctly and if broken they should replace. But that did not happen they gave me ($.60) sixty cents a pound for all the missing and broken pieces. They sent a check for $124.20 which I couldn't even replace a lamp with. But the check was "Rubber" it was returned to my bank for Not Sufficient Funds. My move was July 2008 I am still waiting for a replacement check. Irma Salazar is the person writing the rubber checks.

American Van Lines 6245 Powerline Road Suite 104, Ft Lauderdale, Fl 33309, and All Distance Moving & Storage, LLC have done nothing to resolve this issue.

Paul & Dorothy
Woolwich Twp, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2009 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Van-Lines-All-Distance-Moving/Houston-Texas-77070/American-Van-Lines-All-Distance-Moving-Storage-Broken-Stolen-Items-Houston-Texas-441520. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Van Lines - All Distance Moving

****** AVL = All Virtual Lies! *******

AUTHOR: TRUTH BE TOLD! - (United States of America)

An AVL "apology" does not un-do the damages that are caused by AVL in MORE WAYS THAN ONE! An AVL "promise" is even less meaningless than an AVL "apology."

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AVL Customer Relationship Manager

AUTHOR: Customer Relationship Manager - (United States of America)

Dear Mr. Paul and Mrs. Dorothy,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the unfortunate events you experienced while moving with us. It has been a while since you posted this review, we would like to talk to you and see if we can better the outcome of your move with us. In order to do so, we will need more information about your moving service. Please contact us at 1-855-6916 with your full name and job # ID and we will gladly look into your situation.

It is American Van Lines #1 priority that every customer is satisfied entirely.

Sincerely,