Complaint Review: American Van Lines East

• Updated: Sun, December 23, 2012

• Reported By: Merriam — St. Petersburg Florida United States of America
American Van Lines East
Tampa, Fl Tampa, Florida United States of America

American Van Lines East Moving Company with the intent to rip you off! Tampa, Florida

This company is the biggest crook I have ever seen calling themselves a moving company. I have a small 2 bed apartment.  They quoted my fee over the phone and scheduled my move.  The night before the move that was suppose to happen at 9AM they call and say they can't get there until between 11 and 1.  I felt like I had no choice in the matter since the move was planned and it was last minute. They quoted 125.00 for the first hour and 69.00 each additional hour.  When they arrived at 1PM.  They tell me the packing which was simple furniture covering was going to cost me 369.00.  that was more than the move itself.  Then they tell me they are not allowed to put the furniture on their truck without covering it.

So. there I was after waiting half the day for them to arrive I was stuck paying more for them to protect my furniture then for my move. My total cost of moving turned out to be 800.00. That is unbelievable.  It was a small move. I have moved 3 families for cheaper than that and other companies just cover your furniture, they don't charge your for it.  They waited until I was stuck with no choice because I was completely packed up and had to complete the move that day. Then they made me pay them in cash.  These people should be out of business. they are the biggest crooks!!!!  and on top of all that they damaged 3 pieces of my furniture that I paid 369.00 to protect.

Do yourself a favor and keep looking do not hire these people. You will regret it.

Merriam F

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/23/2012 06:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Van-Lines-East/Tampa-Florida-/American-Van-Lines-East-Moving-Company-with-the-intent-to-rip-you-off-Tampa-Florida-986384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Van Lines East