Complaint Review: American Van Lines East

• Updated: Sun, July 01, 2012

• Reported By: Bosox — Tampa Florida United States of America
American Van Lines East
9525 North Trask St Tampa, Florida United States of America

American Van Lines East Received a, intial low estimate and once the truck was we were at the destination, they would not move my belongings off the truck until I had to pay an additional $681. Tampa, Florida

*Consumer Comment: FILE A COMPLAINT WITH FMCSA

Please do not use American Van Lines East Tampa

My Estimate went from $445 to $1123!  I received an estimate to move my belongings out of my house for $445.  The estimate included 3 men for 4 hours at $87 per hour.  I listed the items that I would have moved into an apartment and then continue on to a storage unit. Once the moving company showed up, they said that they would have to bubble wrap, shrink wrap and tape up my wood furniture and sofas.  I told them they did not have to do that but insisted that was company policy.  Materials cost an additional $340 and added another hour to the original estimate.  The 2nd issue was that the truck they used was not large enough so they would now have to make 2 trips to the storage unit and apartment.  This added another 1.5 hours since they did not send the right truck.  The third issue was once we got to the storage unit, they would not unload my belongings until I paid another $688 which included 4 additional hours ($348) and materials ($340).  The three men also did not take a lot of care of me belongings during the move.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2012 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Van-Lines-East/Tampa-Florida-33624/American-Van-Lines-East-Received-a-intial-low-estimate-and-once-the-truck-was-we-were-at-831110. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Van Lines East

FILE A COMPLAINT WITH FMCSA

AUTHOR: TRUTH BE TOLD! - (United States of America)

Search the web for FMCSA and file a complaint.

Although you will not be re-imbursed for your financial losses, AVL will be fined, ie, lose the money they made on you.