Complaint Review: American Van Lines East

• Reported By: Miranda — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
American Van Lines East
9524 N. Trask St. Tampa, Florida United States of America

American Van Lines East Worst moving experience of my life! Tampa, Florida

This move was a nightmare from the start.    I was quoted $1,500 for the job.   When the movers arrived they told me I had twice as much to move & it would be $1,000 more.   If I cancelled there would be a $350 cancellation fee + the deposit I already paid of $300.00.   So obviously they have you over a barrel.  I figured I had no choice but to move forward.   I'd be out $650.00, plus I'd have to find another mover at the last minute.   They told me things that were not true, like I could put light items inside book shelves to conserve space, but then the movers that came said no we can't take them that way.  You have to take them out.  So I ended up leaving things behind because I couldn't fit the rest in my car.   I was tol I would receive my things in 5-7 days.   It took 10 days.  When the movers came they said they were unable to get the huge 53' truck into my parking lot & that I would either have to have them get a shuttle truck @ $350.00 or get myself a truck.   So I had to get a truck at extra expense to myself & I still have to get my stuff into my apartment on my own.   So they didn't fully complete the job that I paid over $2,500 for.   Also, my stuff was so jammed into this truck that was loaded full it took awhile to dislodge it & a bookshelf was broken.  Never use this company for your move.  Very deceptive business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2013 07:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Van-Lines-East/Tampa-Florida-33624/American-Van-Lines-East-Worst-moving-experience-of-my-life-Tampa-Florida-1003547. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Van Lines East