Complaint Review: American Van Lines Relocation Division

• Submitted: Sun, September 30, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 23, 2012

• Reported By: Joyce — Hot Springs Arkansas United States of America
American Van Lines Relocation Division
731 Market St. 6th Fl.San Francisco CA. 94103-7962 San Francisco, California United States of America

American Van Lines Relocation Division Colonial Van Lines moving Company 2 days late, badgered me 2hr.s & 15 min.for $500.00 cash. I had already paid $818.57 then money order for $918.78, no delivery for 13 days,still missing my itemsthat were lost, items damaged,lied too San Francisco, California

*UPDATE Employee: To Whom It May Concern

I had already paid $821.57 to American Van Lines Relocation Division they sent Jesus Salaza driver Colonial Van Lines moving truck two days late to pick up & make the my move. Jesus Salazar spent 2hr.s & 15 min.s harassing & badgering me for $500.00 cash before he would touch or load anything. This is illegal,he lied to me, caused me to have to pay more rent because he showed up 2 days late.  He loaded my things told me he would deliver 3 Sept. 2012, he lied again, he dumped my things in a warehouse somewhere & he did not deliver them. I did not receive anything until 13 Sept. 2012, delivered by Pedro, 10 boxes missing,my family heirloom quilts (made by my deceased mother) and numerous other important family heirlooms of my childrens childhood things, high school yearbook and multiply other ih items that can not be replaced. All having a high value. All the boxes & items were marked with green tags, therefore should be easly traced, also both these moving company's know where they went,also they know the address & location of the memphis, Tenn. items that were on the truck with mine.  They have all this paper work and proper information and can trace everything without any trouble.  This is totally unacceptable ripoff practices and is not going away.  The sooner they do the correct thing and locate & return my items the better for everyone.  This is not going away, they also owe me a full refund and other measures will be taken.

Joyce
Hot Springs, AR.
(((REDACTED))) yahoo.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2012 02:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Van-Lines-Relocation-Division/San-Francisco-California-94103-7962/American-Van-Lines-Relocation-Division-Colonial-Van-Lines-moving-Company-2-days-late-badg-948777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Van Lines Relocation Division

To Whom It May Concern

AUTHOR: Customer Relationship Manager - (United States of America)

Ms. O'Neal in response to your posted complaint, American Van Lines Relocation Division would like to take this opportunity to express our regret in hearing of your dissatisfaction of your overall moving process. It was always in our intention to provide our customers with the most exceptional services ensuring a smooth transition to your new surroundings, as we definitely do understand that such process is stressful in itself.

As it relates to the dates provided for pick up and delivery, all dates are estimates and not guaranteed; yet the agent does attempt to service the move on the dates requested; however it still depends on the movers route and schedule. Guaranteed service on or between agreed dates is an optional service that is available at an additional cost. Absent selecting and paying for the optional extra service guaranteeing specific pickup and delivery dates, the agent is required to pick up and deliver the shippers property with reasonable dispatch and in a reasonable time. When we reserved Ms. O'Neal's move, all documents were forwarded outlining detailed specifics of the move. These documents were returned with her signature acknowledging she understood the terms of the shipping agreement.

Your account records indicate that you were assigned a claim representative in regards to your claim for your losses and the level of service received by the agent. It is stated that an agreement was made between yourself and our office with a settlement amount. We do hope that this amount was satisfactory to you as we always strive to to please all our customers.

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback, and even though it is not a positive as we had hoped for, we will definitely take in to consideration your expressed concerns and work extremely hard in rectification of improving our company to provide the most impeccable moving services in the future. If you have any questions or concerns in regards to this response please feel free to contact us at 1-800-338-9361.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
American Van Lines Relocation Division.