- Report: #1007152
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: American Van Lines and Relocation Division
American Van Lines and Relocation Division649 Mission Street, 5th Floor, Internet United States of America
American Van Lines and Relocation Division AVLRD Deceptive practices, classic 'bait and switch' tactics, Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1. When intially contacted, they will quote you a low ball offer to good to be true. Upon arrival, the movers immediately will 'shake you down' for upwards of $2K more despite what is contracted.
2. Movers who arrived (two hours late) did not have enough packing material. We had to obtain it for them from local vendors. Movers claimed we would be reimbursed. This is completely false.
3. Movers damaged property and stated we could file a claim. Once the claim was filed, we were informed of an obscure clause on the back of the bill of lading that holds movers harmless of causing damage.
4. Movers arrived 10 days late. When we filed a claim against this, we were informed of another obscure clause informing us that delivery 'on time' as an extra charge. [continued below]....
5. Both Item #4 and #5 were on paperwork we received after the movers had loaded our property on the truck.
6. Movers are very good at inventing so-called 'creative conversation', quoting you for things you are supposed to have said. Always have a witness present or (as they do) tape record everything.
7. Company does not have your best interest in mind. The moving truck broke down for five days. I had to hear about this from the driver after three days, not the company. Once the truck was fixed, they went after another move, not delivering my property
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2013 03:46 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Van-Lines-and-Relocation-Division/internet/American-Van-Lines-and-Relocation-Division-AVLRD-Deceptive-practices-classic-bait-and-sw-1007152. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.