Complaint Review: American Voyager Travel

• Submitted: Thu, October 23, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, January 27, 2009

• Reported By:Katy Texas
American Voyager Travel
17780 Preston Road Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

American Voyager Travel Un-responsive to contact attempts Dallas Texas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE STOPPED

My wife and I signed up with American Travel a few years ago. We have paid the $195 fee each year to stay active. When we received our 2008 membership cards, I was surprised to see the IATA number missing; only a CLIA number was on the card. This restricted my normal use of the membership to reeceive travel industry discounts at hotels that I stay at; CLIA is cruise line membership. I was supposed to receive commission checks for hotel stays but I was never able to get into their system to start this process. I have received a total of $88 from them in the four or five years that I have been a member. There have been hundreds of dollars of commission payments due to me. I recently (October 2008) tried to contact American Voyager at both their Dallas number and the 800 number. I receive a message stating that as of March 2008 the offices are closed. I sent e-mails to them (admin@aptrav.com) hoping to receive a response; no replies received to date. We inveted over $4,000 in being a "lifetime" member of this travel agency and were told this membership could be passed on to our children. These were all compelling reasons to sign up and pass over our hard-earned money. I would like to see a class action suit brought up against the people responsible. Who can start this process?

Tim
Katy, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2008 07:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Voyager-Travel/Dallas-Texas-75252/American-Voyager-Travel-Un-responsive-to-contact-attempts-Dallas-Texas-384036. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Voyager Travel

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

THESE PEOPLE NEED TO BE STOPPED

AUTHOR: Hopeyougetjustice - (U.S.A.)

The Samei's are still living a very high style of living at their victims expense in Dallas, Texas.. I don't think they ever tried to run a real business. They always made fun of the people who signed up for their bogus service. They still only wear high end designer clothes and drive around top of the line cars.They people portray themselves as wealthy wordly people who have rich middle eastern Iranian connections. These awful people Melissa and Mathew Samei are probably scamming other unsuspecting victims. The current phone number is 972 239-2420.
I think Mathew Samei recently has fled to Iran to avoid prosecution but his wife Melissa Hilliard Samei continues living it up in Dallas, Texas. Good Luck.

copy