Complaint Review: American Water, Gary Bancroft, American Products

• Submitted: Sat, December 08, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, May 03, 2014

• Reported By:Riverview Florida
American Water, Gary Bancroft, American Products
776 W Lumsden Rd. Brandon, Florida U.S.A.

American Water, Gary Bancroft American Products Ripped off on water system. Had to have it replaced. Brandon Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The BBB agreed with us

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Correct Info

Gary came to our home and said he could take care of our well water problem which is heavy iron and sulfur. I paid him 3,000 and it was completely useless. He just keep adjusting it and saying wait two more weeks. When I told him I had had enough and wanted my money back he told me I owned it and no. I had to have the entire system replaced. Water is good now but I am out 3 grand.

Dkdoyle
Riverview, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2007 08:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Water-Gary-Bancroft-American-Products/Brandon-Florida-33511/American-Water-Gary-Bancroft-American-Products-Ripped-off-on-water-system-Had-to-have-289902. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Water, Gary Bancroft, American Products

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The BBB agreed with us

AUTHOR: American Water - ()

This was settled (mutually agreed settlement)* with the customer back in 2007.

The Better Business Bureau agreed with us. We have an A+ Rating.

The customer is also changing the facts or maybe they forgot the details since it was 2007.

Also, the customer failed to mention there was another water conditioning company involved, who was selling them their own equipment.

P.S. * We don't know why the customer keeps complaining several years later.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Correct Info

AUTHOR: American Water - (United States of America)

This complaint was a shock to us since the BBB agreed with us. We'd like to thank one of our customers to alerting us about it.
   We worked out a compromise with the customer which was approved by the BBB & accepted by the previous customer so this complaint is invalid & should have been removed.
   The previous customer failed to mention that there was another water conditioning company involved during this process who may have been influencing the situation.
   American Water Conditioning is the:
1) Oldest Water Treatment Company in the Greater Brandon & SouthShore area (20+ Years).
2) We have an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau
3) We are a BBB Accredited Business.
4) A Rating with Angie's List.
5) Small Business of the Year Finalist