Complaint Review: American Winners Award

• Updated: Tue, March 20, 2012

• Reported By: Betsy Klimek — Glendale Arizona United States of America
American Winners Award
none given Las Vegas, Arizona United States of America

American Winners Award Mr Johnson 8763-7795-307 called and said I won 2.5 million dollars and a mercedes benz Las Vegas, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Only sure way is to change Telephone numbers.

I have rec'd more than 35 calls in the last 2 months saying I have won large amts of money, and each time I do not do what they ask which is to send money, the next time they send me a check and tell me to deposit it to my account and send them  a thousand or more money and they will deliver my prize to my houae, I tell them I am not interested as it is a scam and want no part of it.  They just keep calling with the new Jamaica number on my caller id and  have listed the numbers on my blocked call list and they just come up with a more sophisticated call andfalse scam.  I have gone intothe interneet and they say any calls with a 876 prefix is a Jamaica scam.  When I tell them a contest winner doesn;t have to put up any money they say this is just for the delivery.  They have claimed to be from Publishers Clearing house so  called them and they re-inforced that wenever know when they wii arrive if we win, unless it is less than 10,000. amd then a registered letter goes out and wwe have to have our identity verified ND THEN THEY SEND THE CHECK ALSO BY REGISTERED MAIL.

They had me report it to their fraud dept. and the ftc.  However
, I would like to know how to stop these calls. Some days I get 8-10 calls, which I do not answer.  Would it be wise to answer and hit *77, or to take the phone and lay it down and wait till they hang up to hang up on my end.  I know not to call the 876 number as it is an international call and the price to call back is very expensive and billed to my phone.  Any help you can give me would be very welcome.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2012 02:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Winners-Award/Las-Vegas-Arizona-/American-Winners-Award-Mr-Johnson-8763-7795-307-called-and-said-I-won-25-million-dollars-856260. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Winners Award

Only sure way is to change Telephone numbers.

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

I did, cost me $25 but well worth it.

be sure to request NOT listed for your new number.