Complaint Review: American Workers Association

• Updated: Fri, November 30, 2012

• Reported By: tysonsnanna — mcleansboro Illinois United States of America
American Workers Association
825 Market Street, Suite 300 Allen, Texas United States of America

American Workers Association AWA, Homeland Healthcare Scamming, Lying, Deceitful, Money Robbing Useless fraudulent Guaranteed health coverage my a*s!!!! Allen, Texas

In June of 2012 this company contacted me multiple times by phone about much needed health coverage. I told them I had been in an auto accident and was seeing specialist. They checked their computer and assured me I would be covered from day one. I told them I would think about it.

In July I receive several more calls from this company. Claiming Obama care is going to force me to carry health insurance and this is the best deal I can possibly get. All preexisting conditions will be covered, all specialist will be covered, and my meds will be affordable. All this guaranteed.

On July 23, 2012 I agreed to purchase this insurance. I gave them my bank information they removed $348 from my account. $99 processing fee and $249 to cover me and my daughter. They said we were covered August 1, 2012 all preexisting health issues included.

I immediately call my neurosurgeon to schedule an appointment because I now have insurance. First available appointment is October 22. On October 5th someone from this company calls me because they need my daughter's birth date. They have the same birthday for both of us.

While I had her on the phone I double checked with her about the cost of my meds. She said it will be $4 for generic and $10 for name brand. I told her good cause I'm on my way to pick up my 90 day refills now.

When I got to Walgreens I gave them my prescription card, the pharmacist told me it was cheaper with the deductible for me to pay cash than use the card from AWA. I was thinking maybe a $200 deductible. Almost there, meds are $173 and some change.

When I got to my appointment on the 22nd the receptionist runs the insurance card and it's no good. No coverage for that doctor. I have to pay cash for the appointment or reschedule. I paid cash.

I called 1-800 number and told the lady not so nicely to cancel whatever policy I was being screwed for. She said she would and I hung up. She never did.

November 16th I find out my account is overdrawn. On October 26th they withdrew another $249 from my account. I called again. This time I spoke to management. According to her I have no coverage for preexisting health problems for the first 12 months.

My meds were refills for preexisting issues therefore not covered. I had paid the policy price of $249 for four months had had no coverage. They took $1095 out of my account total. Cost me $72 in overdraft fees. I asked for a refund.

Their policy is 30 days from the day of purchase. They will refund policy premium not processing fee. I told that was not what i was told when i purchased the policy. She said sorry to hear you were lied to.

I filed a complaint at my bank for fraud. The banks policy is if you give authorization it is not fraud.

Had I not have agreed to this fraudulent insurance policy, I would have $1167 still in my account so I could pay for my meds, buy me a heater to warm my house, and maybe still buy my grandson Christmas.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/30/2012 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-Workers-Association/Allen-Texas-75013/American-Workers-Association-AWA-Homeland-Healthcare-Scamming-Lying-Deceitful-Money-976027. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American Workers Association