Complaint Review: American medical response

• Updated: Sat, June 09, 2012

• Reported By: Holeshotz — San jose California United States of America
American medical response
Po box 6000 San Francisco, California United States of America

American medical response Billing for services didn't receive San Francisco , California

*Consumer Comment: Class Action

While riding on a rural road i was involved in a motorcycle accident resulting in a broken left collar bone and broken right shoulder. The fire department was first on seen where for safty precotions I was placed in a neck brace. American medical response service arrived 30 minutes later to transport me to the hospital.

during the ride the technician tried multiple times to start an IV but was unable to get the needle in a vein. After the third failed attempt and with my hand seriously swollen I told him to stop trying and suffered without pain meds the entire 40 minute ride.

Fast forward a month and I receive a bill from AMR on which they are charging 150 - spinal splinting ( fire dept put the brace on before AMR even arrived) 106 - saline solution (they couldn't get IV in my arm) 29- morphine ( same as above) 24- glucose ( same as above)

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2012 10:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-medical-response/San-Francisco-California-94160/American-medical-response-Billing-for-services-didnt-receive-San-Francisco-California-895360. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American medical response

Class Action

AUTHOR: Dahlz - (USA)

My family and I are going through something similar with this company, except it's for a ride that my son took from the hospital he was born in to a NICU 15 minutes away. They never filed the claim with my insurance within the 6 month time limit, but did send me to "collections" (Bay Area Credit Service) after 2 months because they did not have my apartment number in my address that I very clearly listed on on all of my paperwork. We just started receiving calls from the collections company last week almost 3 years after my son was born. After reading all of these reports I feel compelled to put this scam to rest once and for all. Would you be interested in joining me in a class action lawsuit against American Medical Response? Please contact me at freshsoullife@gmail.com