Complaint Review: American truck group

Gulfport ms Gulfport, Mississippi United States of America

American truck group Ripoff, fraudulent, lies, lies,lies Gulfport, Mississippi

*General Comment: CEO lies too

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Open to discuss

If u want to not only overpay for a rental but get left high and dry when the equipment breaks down a week after u get it this is definatey the company u want. I flew over 1000 miles because I was lured in by the promises of a great truck for a great price, well a week later, 4000$ more, and a high truck payment I'm still not driving. These people are scam artists and will promise u the world untill u sign the paperwork and walk out the door. I was promised a 30 day bumper to bumper warranty and halfway home the air dryer went. Now they told me I had to take it to my nearest Volvo dealer ( which is 2 hours away) and get it fixed. 4 days later truck is still not done so I called the Volvo dealership and they informed me american truck would not approve the bill. Great now after playing phone tag for a day I have to pay a 895$ per piece deductible on a broke down truck that cost me thousands of dollars. They are truly a world class rip off and I would not recommend them to anyone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2012 04:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/American-truck-group/Gulfport-Mississippi-/American-truck-group-Ripoff-fraudulent-lies-lieslies-Gulfport-Mississippi-839133. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on American truck group

#1 General Comment

CEO lies too

AUTHOR: Upset Trucker - (United States of America)

I've noticed on several of the reports, the CEO has responded indicating he cares about these comments and even leaves his phone number.  But, it's not genuine concern - leaving some kind of response gives them better reviews - but they never actually address anything.

I've called this number and it's more of the same - some other department will look into it, etc. But then no one calls back, ever.  He tried to say he called but I have caller ID and a sophisticated phone system that proves he did not.  The person at this number challenged me to a fight when I confronted him regarding that too.

They must have some kind of serious connections to behave without concern or care for customers.  Please please please avoid this place - do not give them any money - don't even pick up the phone to ask about one of their trucks in the first place - it's all lies.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Open to discuss

AUTHOR: American Truck Group - (United States of America)

I am sorry that you feel this way about our product and warranty.  I invite you to discuss this.  My direct cell phone line is 985-966-3763.

I care about what you have to say and as CEO of the Company I consider your concerns to be important.