Complaint Review: AmericanSmartShoppers

• Reported By: D.WEBB — Arlington Texas
AmericanSmartShoppers
, Arizona USA

AmericanSmartShoppers Jason Brown ID # 20833 Gift card scam Arizona

I received a call informing me that I had won a $100.00 gift card to Wal-Mart. All I needed to do was pay a processing fee of $4.95. I gave a pre-paid debit card number that I knew had limited funds on it. This was refused by Jason Brown, ID # 20833. Must provide a bank card or credit card I was informed. Against my better judgement I did and I have learned to follow my instincts.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Since Monday, January 15th, I have checked my banking account daily. January 17th, I find that I was charged and signed up for three different savings clubs. These clubs included: Everyday Bargains for $8.00, CMS Savings Club for $6.95, and FSRewards.com for $1.99. None of these clubs have I ever heard of, nor did I authorize. I was not charged the original $4.95 P/H fee for the gift card. I assume the gift card had not been processed.                                                                                                                                                                          Fortunately for me, Chase bank has fraudulent claims assistants available at 1: am and the charges are reported and the card is cancelled. I will never make this kind of mistake again, and hope that no one else will fall for this scam either.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2014 01:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AmericanSmartShoppers/Arizona/AmericanSmartShoppers-Jason-Brown-ID-20833-Gift-card-scam-Arizona-1116222. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AmericanSmartShoppers