Complaint Review: America's Best Companies

• Submitted: Fri, February 01, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, February 15, 2010

• Reported By:Marietta Georgia
America's Best Companies
One Tower Lane, Suite 1900 Oakbrooke Terrace, Illinois U.S.A.

America's Best Companies Free Trial & Free Trial Extension Scam Oakbrooke Terrace Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Works for Me

*UPDATE Employee: ABC Discounts Absolutely Work If You Take The Time To Set Up An Account With Our Partners

*UPDATE Employee: America's Best Companies-Has partnered with companies such as Staples, Shell Gas, UPS and Nationwide Insureance.

*Author of original report: Discounts Don't work

I was contacted back in November by America's Best Companies by a telemarketer. They told me that I had been selected for a free trial, and promised me tons of discounts, and advertising. They told me that I would have new customers calling me by the end of the month. So I signed up, and tried it. When it was almost the end of the month, someone called me and told me that they wanted to extend the trial for two months. I said that would be fine, but then they charged me for both December and January.

When I called to ask for my money back that should have never been deducted, they would not refund it to my card. I then asked to cancel, and they would not even do that for me. They are charging me $29+ a month, and I can not get them to stop.

When I log into their website, it still says, three months later, that my information is processing. My website is still not listed on any of the search engines that they said it would be listed on, and all of the "discounts" were garbage. There is nothing they offer that will help a new business, or even an old business.

Chris
Marietta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2008 05:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americas-Best-Companies/Oakbrooke-Terrace-Illinois-60181/Americas-Best-Companies-Free-Trial-Free-Trial-Extension-Scam-Oakbrooke-Terrace-Illinois-305335. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on America's Best Companies

Works for Me

AUTHOR: confident66 - (USA)

I am a customer of America's Best Companies and have loved the discounts and services that I have received.  I have been able to purchase restaurant gift cards at half the cost (ex. pay $25 for a $50 gift card) and give new client registrants one of these cards as a thank you.  I have also been able to rent automobiles from Hertz at a great discount so when I take a business trip, I don't have to take my own vehicle.  When I search for my company, I may not come out on top for the searches, but I do appear on the first page, which before I would never see my company name come up.  I have also done so much business with Staples because of the great discounts that when I go into my local Staples store, a lot of the employees know my name.

When I was first contacted, I received a phone call - and yes, it was a telemarketer call, but they never asked for any credit card information.  They simply explained their service and then scheduled an appointment for me where one of their representatives came to my business and showed me everything they had to offer.  There were several different levels that you could sign up on, but I do not recall one only costing $29.00 per month.  There was a fee of $270.00 to sign up and my monthly charge is $45.00 per month (which was the lowest monthly plan available), but I feel it was money well spent.  By the first month end, I noticed a higher call volume, a clientel increase, and that makes this is an investment that is well worth the money I have spent.

Reading what has been posted, I am left wondering if you have been scammed by a company pretending to be from America's Best Companies.  I have only been treated with respect by my representative and everyone else I have dealt with in the company and they have been a great help.

AUTHOR: Vinai Shreenivas - (U.S.A.)

Hi my name is Vinai Shreenivas and I am a Sales Manager for America's Best Companies.

My uncle previously owned a small restaurant in Chicago which I helped him run when I was a kid in high school. I saw the problems that he ran into when it came to advertising and affording the products he needed to effectively run the business. That is why, upon coming across America's Best Companies and the products and services they offered, I jumped at a chance to work with them and get their services known to the small business community.

I have had the pleasure to not only help business owners utilize our discount program, but also to actually use the discounts myself. I have taken the time to contact a number of our discount partners and they've been incredibly efficient in setting up an account for me so that I can use the discounts immediately. I have personally dealt with Jada Sanders who is the representative at Staples for our members and she has been more than accommodating in making sure that our members are taken care of properly.

We have a customer service staff that I work with personally to insure that everyone that becomes a member with us is able to take advantage of our discount program, among other benefits, right away.

We've also been extremely effective in getting our members found on search engines such as Google, Yahoo, MSN, and YellowPages and I'll be more than happy to prove it. It is not an exact science as these search engine companies are constantly changing their formulas for how people are found. It is important for the business owner who signs up with us to provide all the necessary wording and pictures for us to submit to the search engines. If this is not done by the business owner, we have a much steeper mountain to climb in regards to getting the business found online.

America's Best Companies is an organization that is dedicated to helping support and grow small businesses and we continue to add more great services such as the Careington Health Care discount program and EZLocal that our members have told us they need.

I am sorry, Chris, that you had a bad experience with us but if you give me a call, I will personally make sure that everything is squared away with you and your business. I am available in the office or on my cell phone at anytime.

Vinai Shreenivas
Regional Manager
America's Best Companies
877-887-0707 ext. 257
630-533-3723
vinai@gowithabc.com

AUTHOR: Jordan S. - (U.S.A.)

I have worked for America's Best Companies in customer service for two years, ABC is a small business association based outside Chicago. We offer many benefits with our membership such as over 100 discount partners the ability to build a website and get a strong local web presence.

We submit our members to over forty online directories some take 2-3 months to update, getting a stronger web presence doesn't happen over night and takes some patience like anything else worth obtaining.

Check out America's Best Companies to learn more about our membership.

"The Future of small business"

www.americasbestcompanies.com

Jordan S.

Discounts Don't work

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

I signed up when I got the service for the staples service, and was never given any information on how to recieve a discount at the store. I have not tried any of the other offers as none of them apply to my business, which is funny because they said they had all kinds of discounts for someone in the car wash business.