Complaint Review: Americas Best Contacts & Eyeglasses

• Category: Opticians

Americas Best Contacts & Eyeglasses ripoff Eugene Oregon

No Customer Service. Mislead and Inconsiderate
Eugene, Oregon

I am writing to inform others about the treatment I recieved when spending my hard earned money at America's Best Contacts & Eyeglasses.

I drove 1 hour 1/2 to get to Eugene so that I could take advantage of the two pair of glasses for the price of 59.95 or 79.95. I arrived 20 minutes before my appointment, filled out the paper work and thought, hey I 'll go check out the glasses that looked so good on the web site. I found a small amount of styles to choose from. Disappointed that I still had to get my eyes checked, I went ahead and did it.

After waiting 30 minutes to be helped, I found a pair designed by guess that were not included in the "so-called special." I ordered them , asked to have them sent to my house and waited 3 weeks before I emailed the company.

No response from Customer Service so I decided to phone the office. They had my glasses sitting there. Evidently they misplaced my information. They had the wrong phone number and the address was lost. Ok, I thought no big deal. I was then iformed that they would be shipped the next day. Three days later, no glasses. Remember this in only 1 1/2 hours drive away. Now I call and they told me they just were picked up a few hours ago. People get the story straight. I should be getting them on Saturday. Wait around Saturday and nothing. I call the carrier and they told me that the sender marked 3-5 days for delivery.

Now you know they took the money out of the account three weeks before I got the product.

I decided to call Customer Service and tell them about my treatment. They were sorry and would take care of it and phone me back. Still haven't heard a word.

In conclusion, Do not shop if you wish to be treated like a paying customer.

myrtle creek, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2002 04:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americas-Best-Contacts-Eyeglasses/Eugene-Oregon-97401/Americas-Best-Contacts-Eyeglasses-ripoff-Eugene-Oregon-27477. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Americas Best Contacts & Eyeglasses